[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"What...? Come again?" Shinra and I were very shocked, and actually, horrified. It was a possibility hardest to imagine. Their love is the most painful and the hardest earned. Did it just end? Of course, it'll be bothering (F/n) a whole lot. Actually, it will continuously haunt her. But since no one else but the two of them are there, everyone else didn't know what exactly happened.

"It's the truth..." (F/n) bit her lip as she spoke these bitter sentences. "He broke up with me. That is why he didn't want anybody to witness."

I feel the need to interfere. (F/n) is serious about it. If someone is just playing pranks and pretending to be Shizuo for some unknown purposes, (F/n) would have figured right away. Even I could easily tell. Everything about Shizuo is hard to imitate.

"(F/n), this is so unexpected. Shizuo can't possibly just break up with you. You're the only woman he ever loved." I showed (F/n) my message.

It is the truth. Shizuo always spoke about how he feels irritable with how complex his feelings are for (F/n) just before she returned. When they finally got to be together, Shizuo always tell us how he wanted to cherish her so much. For such an abrupt and sudden change to happen, it's not like Shizuo. These two are pure about how they felt for each other. Actually, to a dangerous extent, they are willing to do anything, even risk their own lives and happiness, for the sake of each other.

Wait a second, 'for the sake of each other, they're willing to do anything'. I gasped as I thought of that line several times. I think I have a clue to what is really happening. "(F/n), before yesterday, even the days before that, did you and Shizuo get involved with some strange people?"

"Eh? Celty, what are you getting on about?" came the confused response from Shinra. I thought that even if Shizuo always wants to stay away from trouble, (F/n) has a very soft heart, despite once being an assassin. Whenever someone is in need, no matter their relations, (F/n) would always barge in their business and help them.

"There was this foreign young lady being dragged by perverts out of lights in the alleys the night before my birthday," She began. We listened intently to her story. "She didn't have a place to stay so we decided to help her. My unit was a mess so I asked Shizuo to take care of her."

"What?! You asked him that?!" Shinra exclaimed incredulously as he stood up, disbelieving it. I was taken aback as well.

(F/n) nodded. "Shizuo's against it, but I nudged him so he gave in. I guess it was my greatest mistake."

"That's it!" Shinra snapped. "That woman is at fault! Is there anything else that happened before?" he asked (F/n) right after he concluded that the young foreign woman was at fault.

"No. That was the only special thing that happened."

Shinra gasped. "Could she have seduced my friend?"

(F/n) looked like she didn't want to hear what is next so I scolded Shinra for her. "Shizuo won't easily get swayed by that!"

Nonetheless, Shinra continued to question (F/n) endlessly about the girl. "Who is this girl? What is her name? How old is she? What does she look like? How did she end up in the alleys?"

(F/n) still answered his questions in hopes that it can solve the mystery. "Her name is Claudia Keats. She has long blonde hair and blue eyes. She is probably 15 or 16 years old. She said she went with her friends at the gala and got separated from them. I thought she could be Leena Prestn and I got excited over my head. In the end, she has a different name and she is not blind."

Shinra sighed after she finished answering all his questions. "You surely believe innocent made up stories and characters like that. Did her story or her situation seem hard to believe? To me, it is. Why would a young foreigner walk her way home alone? If she was in the right mind, she wouldn't. Besides, she just openly agreed to stay at Shizuo's."