[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

I toppled her with all my strength. I still wasn't able to hurt her, but I got her voodoo doll. However, as I touched it, it vanished to thin air. I gasped. I remember that the blind woman (F/n) is looking for is an enchantress foreigner. But it's too late to tell her; this girl watches all of my moves.

"Fine. I will do what you want, but you can never have (F/n)," I said to her. It was necessary to sacrifice myself, all for (F/n).

"Are you sure with your answer, mister?" she asked. I nodded. "Well, you're good yourself." She agreed with our terms.

I am bound to her spell. I cannot harm her in any way. No matter how I hate it, I'll have to act as her dog and do as she wishes. I'm sorry, (F/n)...

-

[Reader's POV]

The sun have risen once again. "Yay! It's my birthday!" I happily exclaimed to myself as I got out of the bed. "I never felt this happy about my birthdays before!"

I wonder what my friends have prepared for me today. As I got up, I hurriedly ate so that I could finish my clean up. After an hour or two of tireless hurling and fixing, my unit is as good as brand new. Dammit! Shizuo and Claudia-san shouldn't have seen it yesterday. I'm so embarrassed, but I can face them now.

I really don't have special schedules for today since my manager told me that they'll give me my day off and advance pay for my birthday. It's my reward for being a good and hardworking employee. Well, I was a horrible employee at the start. I'm glad they reconsidered terminating my contract. Besides, I don't have a fixed diploma.

When I opened my refrigerator, I realized that I barely have anything left but a couple of ready to eat deserts. I decided, for the rest of the afternoon, I will just shop for food. Then, at night, I will party at the venue Celty and the others told me.

I rummaged my closet for a good set of clothes, but I couldn't find my best coat. I intend to wear them again, but I remembered just now that I gave it to Claudia yesterday. She is with Shizuo. I wonder if they're in Shinjuku now. Did Claudia-san get reunited with her friends? I thought Shizuo will call me to inform me that they're leaving so I could at least tag along. But maybe he didn't want to drag me because it's my birthday today.

I took my phone and decided that I will just call Shizuo, but I changed my mind. He might have already returned, or is in the middle of his debt collecting job, or is currently commuting. Furthermore, my load just expired. I have to reload my cellphone.

Shrugging other thoughts off, I grabbed my wallet and headed to the supermarket. I need some fresh foods once in a while. I shopped meat and fish as well as dairies and vegetables. I figured that I should cook for myself sometime. It's been a long time since I cooked my own food, but I'm quite sure that the outcome will still be edible. I'm setting the cooking for tomorrow.

I went to the beverage stand last before I headed straight to the department store. I bought my own clothes to commemorate my first memorable birthday celebration with my friends. It will be more memorable to me because I bought it myself.

After that, I went straight home to drop my groceries. I remember two years back then, I met Shinra-san and Celty-san after a storm. Shizuo's groceries we're sacrificed. One time, after I recovered my memories, I intended to pay him, but he said it is fine. Therefore, I snuck money to his wallet. I wonder if he ever questioned himself where he got the extra money. I giggled.

Looking at the time, it is still a few hours earlier. I wonder if I should surprise them. I went out of my apartment again and headed straight to the venue. It looked like a busy place. I can hear people going around preparing stuff.