[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

I want to know what kind of preparation Shizuo and his friends have for me. We dated today, so I guess they have the money, after all, it's my first birthday that will ever be celebrated in history. As an assassin, I never celebrated my birthday with anyone. I doubt my co-assassins even know my birthday nor do they care.

It was ten in the evening when Shizuo and I finished watching a movie. It's an action-detective movie that contains serial dramatic murders. I've been immune to such things my whole life. I am impressed my boyfriend agreed to go with it. Guys really want to impress ladies by not backing down on extreme things. It was a three-hour wait to the movie and the movie lasted for more than two hours. I guess premiere shows are really that extreme inside and outside the movie house. That took most of the time on our date.

I told Shizuo that I can go home by myself but he insisted that he'll escort me, reminding me that I am a girl no matter how strong and how fast I am. "What if they use tear gas on you? Or make you inhale sedative?" he told me when I insisted that I can take care of myself. Because he made a good point that I cannot win against, I just agreed to him.

I yawned loudly as I stretched my arms out while we walk on the alleys. I clung to him as we walk. Walking in a dark silent place surely puts me on guard. I'm glad I'm with Shizuo. Although I can handle the creeps by myself, tagging along with someone makes me calmer.

"You're clinging too much," he told me quietly, but I can sense that he is complaining.

"I just want to cling on you," I said as I stuck my tongue out at him. "Do you not like it?"

"...I don't if you cling too much," he replied with a serious look in his face.

I immediately let go and moved away from him, resting my hands behind my head as I walked in his pace in a relaxed manner. "Fine..."

Unexpectedly, in a corner a few blocks away, we heard a loud thud. I was so surprised that I halted and dropped my arms to the side. "What was that?" I asked Shizuo. My eyes were wide open. His mouth was agape. Heading straight to my home through that corner is the easiest. The other way is a long one.

"I dunno," he said. The thud was followed by random banging.

Gang fights at night and failed rendezvous that lead to rambling are common at night. We thought that it may not be wise to get involved and we'll just take the longer way around to my house, however, we felt the urgency when we heard a young girl's scream, "Let go of me!"

I gasped as I ran after Shizuo. Before we could turn to the corner, Shizuo grabbed me and he stopped himself to evade a flying rusty trash can. He covered my mouth with his palm, much to my displeasure. I thought it would've been great if he just kicked the trash can back, but it might hit the girl. If he catches it, he might get a cut and tetanus afterwards. We both leaned our backs on the concrete and peeked to get wind of the scenario.

-

[Normal POV]

There is a young foreign woman dressed in fresh gala clothes, surrounded by a group of middle-aged perverts. She has natural blonde hair and pretty blue eyes. She is so young, maybe 15 or 16 years old. She looks perfect. For once, (F/n) thought that she might be Leena, but then, (F/n) remember that Leena is blind. The girl is not blind.

"Why don't you just give in to us, young lady? You will feel good..." he said to her but she wasn't listening and she was struggling too much that the men are having a difficult time with her. With her thrashing around, the banging earlier and the flying trash bin are reasonable.

The scenario is hard to believe. With all the men around, they can just all jump at her. However, what the man just said to her made Berserker woman's blood boil. How could he think of us women that lowly?! (F/n) wanted to show up and punch him for good. Shizuo must have felt it from her, so he told her, "You stay here, (F/n). I'll take care of them."