[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 28

Start from the beginning

That is when the old lady squealed everything. Somehow, I feel a burden lifted like a torn plucked from my chest. The old lady is telling the truth this time, I know. (F/n) won't be fooled anymore. The only thing that I couldn't stop her from doing is returning (F/n)'s memories. I may be a bad guy for wanting (F/n) to totally forget her past. It was totally selfish of me. (F/n) wanted to recover her past because it is something that completes her and if she so wishes it, I want it for her as well, regardless of what I want for myself.

It comes with a risk. I know that if (F/n) remembers everything, she would want to repent again. Like history is repeating itself, (F/n) will leave me again, finish her obligations with the old lady and the two children, and disappear forever. If I don't stop her now, I won't be able to confess to her how I feel. It will be my lifetime regret. That is why I chose to stay awake. I went to her bed and speak to her in her sleep, wanting her to hear what I say and at the same time, not wanting her to hear it. I told her how I truly felt and wished that she would trust me with her problems. And before she wakes up, I left and waited for her in the outside.

Not too long, (F/n) went out of the room. She is not totally sneaking out, because if she is, she won't open the lights. She was looking for me to say good bye. At last, what I fear to most is happening. I want to intimidate her, to threaten her, to stop her from going... but even if I try to act myself to stop her, she won't stop. I don't know what to do.

I didn't know what to do until my body acted on its own and trapped (F/n) before she could go. I am glad I was able to hold her, at least for now. I am no longer acting like myself. It isn't me at all. I got mad at her, I scolded her, I blamed her, I reminded her of how we parted before, and I was a mess in front of her. I look weak for her as if I won't survive on my own if she leaves me again.

"Shizuo... I love you."

As those magical words came out of her mouth, I couldn't believe it. It's like an impossible dream that just come true. (F/n), with all of herself, fell in love with me? The (F/n) before and the (F/n) who lost her memories have both loved me? Although I heard it perfectly right, I can't help but disbelieve it. I want to confirm it. I want to hear it again.

I asked her to repeat what she said. Although she is having a difficult time saying it, I don't care. I want to hear it from her mouth, loud and clear. I want to hear her say it truthfully and not just say something like that in a spur of a moment or just like a joke. Then, she snapped at me.

"I love you, dammit!"

So much for holding back; I can't take it anymore. (F/n) loves me! She truly does! Without a moment of delay, I kissed her. I wasn't thinking anymore. The sensation her warm and soft lips left in mine is everlasting. As I kiss her, she kisses me back. (F/n) wants it too; (F/n) wants me too. I want to do this because (F/n) wants me to do this as well. As she turns her head to the other side to kiss me back, I felt her snake her arms to my back and my nape. I instinctively let go of her arm and placed my hand on her lower back to slowly pull her body to mine while I placed my other hand on her jaw to help her angle her head and kiss me better.

My head was spinning. I don't want to let go. I'm losing myself. To be kissed this perfectly by the woman I longed for with all my heart is something that I would always want to do. I could feel her heart; it's beating loudly for me... but my heart is beating louder and faster as if it would rip itself from its place behind my ribs. The sound of our heartbeats molded into one. A perfect sync. It is the only melody that fills our ears.

As we nearly run out of air, (F/n) slightly bit my lip. It hurts a bit, but it felt good. Then, we gasped for air. Our faces we're so close to each other. I could see (F/n)'s cheeks burn as she looks into my face. She wasn't embarrassed anymore. I smiled at her.