Chapter 17

**Zach's POV**

I stared down at the baby girl in my arms. She was the perfect size and just perfect in every way. Her eyes slid closed while I was rocking her back and forth. Her little fingers were wrapped around mine as I held her. I had never felt so peaceful than I had at that exact moment. I laid her down in her crib and tucked her in for the night. I turned on the baby monitor and the mobile before I closed the door quietly. I just hoped that she slept through the entire night.

I looked over at Zea, who was stretched out on the couch, watching some marathon that was on television. I sat down beside her and relaxed. I had the family I had always wanted. I would never have to worry about not getting to have one. I gently stroked Zea's hair, smiling at her as she closed her eyes and leaned into me. I knew that she was exhausted. Giving birth to a baby is very tiring work. I picked her up and carried her into our room. I laid her down gently on the bed and closed the door as quietly as I could. I covered her up in the blankets and laid down beside her. She curled into my side and instantly fell asleep.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, but my mind just wanted to wander. I had so much to think about now. I had a loving wife who would be with me forever, no matter what. I also had a precious little daughter who I needed to teach everything. I had a full life, everything I had ever wanted was being fulfilled. It felt like maybe I was missing something. Why would I be missing something when I had all this joy in my life?I had the most amazing thing ever, and I felt empty still. Like there was a void and there wasn't anything that could fill it.

I sighed softly and realized that I was missing my best friend. Emma had been there even when she didn't have to be. I missed telling her the good news and having her comfort me when I recieved the bad news. I just wished that she hadn't tried to hurt me, then I could have avoided killing her and maybe my life would be different. I just missed everything about her.

**Mackenzea's POV**

I woke up to the baby crying and I wondered what was going on. I realized that she needed some attention and I got up from the bed. She was laying there sobbing, so I picked her up and rocked her back to sleep. She closed her eyes and fell asleep quickly. I knew that she took comfort in my arms. I laid her down and silently tip-toed out of the room. Once I had cleared the doorway, I made a bee-line for the kitchen. I was starving. I rummaged through the cupboards until I spotted something that would suffice. I scarfed the food as if I wasn't going to be fed for a week.

Zach walked in looking sexier than ever. The scars on his chest were little pink lines that stood out against his tan. I smiled as I watched him pour some coffee into a cup. There wasn't a thing about him that didn't make me smile or want him in anyway. He was just that perfect. Most people say that their man is perfect to make the other person jealous, but when I said it, I meant it. He walked over and pecked me on the lips lightly. "How are you today?"

I grinned and hugged him. "I am doing good. I woke up to Anna crying and when I rocked her a little, she fell back asleep. So, I just came in here and grabbed some breakfast. What are you up to today?" He grinned back at me and shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows. I am going to talk to Alex and see if he needs me at all and if he doesn't, maybe a relaxing day together?" I smiled and kissed him deeply, wrapping my arms around his neck to make it deeper.

"Sounds good to me. Be safe. See you soon." He left and I was alone, listening to the silence that invaded the house. At least I had family to keep my company. I pulled out my favorite book and began to read when I heard Anna crying. I got up from the couch and went to the nursery. She was hungry so I made her a bottle. I sat down and fed her while the t.v. played quietly in the background. I had everything I wanted. I was in heaven. I smiled at Anna as she gurgled and laughed while I fed her. She was my pride and joy, as much as Zach was. Today was the best ever.

**Zach's POV**

I walked over to Alex, hoping that he didn't have anything for me to do. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey! How are you doing?" I smiled at him and relaxed a little. "I'm doing good. So, what are we up to today?" He patted me on the back. "There isn't anything." My insides were partying like it was 1999. I smiled and hugged him. He chuckled softly and walked away. I was going home to have a romantic day with my wife.

I ran back towards the house, feeling pure joy. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. I was enjoying my life and I knew that it couldn't get any better. I opened the front door and slid inside, letting the door shut loudly. She was sitting on the sofa, while Anna napped on the floor. She looked up at me and smiled. I loved how when she smiled, it lit up my entire being. I hopped over the back of the couch and landed beside her with a light thump.

She kissed me deeply and I sunk my hands into her luxurious hair. She was so gorgeous, that I felt like I had no right to love her. To me, she was the goddess of my world. I kissed her soft pink lips hungrily as I had missed her so much. I pulled her closer to me, moving my hands to her waist, gently caressing the skin of her stomach, when the baby started to cry.

She sighed softly and picked her up, rocking Anna back to sleep.I leaned back against the cushions feeling a little disregarded. But, I knew that the baby needed a lot of attention right now and I didn't have the right to be jealous. When I looked at Zea's face, it was covered in sweetness and glow. She was the most fabulous mother I had ever known. My mom never acted the way Zea acts with Anna. I guess she was blessed. The look in her eyes made my insides melt into mush. She was my entire world and I would do anything to keep her happy.