Chapter 9

**Mackenzea's POV**

I woke up and Zach was laying beside me. He was smiling softly, which I thought was cute. I stroked his hair lightly while watching him sleep. I loved him with my entire heart. My life couldn't get any better. I had someone who loved me and I had my entire family back. Nothing could make me any happier.

Zach rolled over and opened his eyes slowly. "Good morning, Beautiful." I smiled and kissed him lightly. "Good morning, sweetie." He smiled and ran a hand through my hair. "I have a surprise for you later." My eyes widened. "A surprise?" He nodded."For later." I smiled. "Now, go take a shower and get ready for the day." I sneered at him. "Trying to say I smell?" I threw a pillow at his arrogantly smug face and took off running. I knew that he was gonna make me pay for that

I ran into the bathroom for the shower, hoping he wouldn't do anything stupid. I quietly wondered what was in store for later. Maybe he was proposing? Nah, it seems too soon for that. I sighed and stepped into the warm water that was spraying from the shower head. Who knows, maybe I was right. I relaxed slightly and stepped out of the shower. He is so spontaneous. It made me want him even more.

**Zach's POV**

I was planning a special surprise for her. She was going to love it. I couldn't wait to give her the engagement ring that I picked out. I was so excited that it was hard to keep it a secret. I wanted to tell her, but I knew that the suspense would make it even better. I sighed softly and started to cook our dinner; stuffed manicotti with three cheese and chocolate mousse' for desert. She was going to be very happy with me. I lit a ew candles and put the food on the table and went to get her.

I knocked lightly on teh door. "Zea, are you ready?" She opened the door and my jaw dropped. She looked absolutely gorgeous. She had on a beautiful a-line dress that had ruffles from the waist down. The color was an amazingly light blue. Her hair was slightly curled and fell down her back in beautiful waves. "You look awesome." She grinned and kissed me lightly.

"Thank you, honey." I smiled and escorted her towards the kitchen and dining room. The lights were dimmed and the candle light made the atmosphere very romantic. She smiled and headed towards the table. I pulled out her chair and waited til she sat down before I pushed her chair in. "Zach, this looks amazing! How did you manage all of this?" I smiled. "It was easy." She grinned and tried some of the manicotti.

"Oh my, this is delicious." I ate some of my food and relaxed. I was nervous about asking her to marry me. I hoped that she would say yes. I waited until we got to desert. I gave her the mousse' and she saw the ring. "What is this?" I smiled. I took the ring and got down on one knee. "Zea, I love you with all of my heart and soul. I will never ever leave you. Because I want to marry you. Will you marry me?" Her eyes filled with tears as she said yes. I kissed her deeply and put the ring on her finger. "I love you, Zach." I smiled. "I love you too, Zea."

**Mackenzea's POV**

I sighed softly, staring at the diamond ring that occupied my left ring finger. It was gorgeous. I could not believe that he had propsed right then and there. Of course, it was valentine's day and he wanted it to be special. I personally thought it was extra sweet because of the date. I relaxed gently against the pillows that covered the head of the mattress. Zach had gone hunting early just so that we could spend some time together later. I was supposed to be asleep, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't drift off.

I closed my eyes and thought about the many things he had done for me. He had saved me from a life in jail and helped me when I was injured by a savage animal. He truly was my hero, in my mind and especially in my heart. I exhaled slowly and felt myself began to fall asleep. Maybe I couldn't have any nightmares. I had hoped that I wouldn't. Not after a wonderful night that I had just had. He was truly an amazing person to be with. I would never take him for granted. I loved him unlike the other times I thought I did. When it was only lust.

I felt the bed shift as someone sat down on the end of it. I had no idea who it was, but I wished it was Zach. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. Marcus was sitting on the edge, starting at me. "What do you want?" He smiled. "I want you. I miss having you by my side all the time. It's lonely without you." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "It's your own fault that I left you. I warned you to stop what you were doing. You didn't listen." Marcus scootched closer to me. I moved away and glared at him. "Leave. I don't want you here. I am engaged and there is nothing you can do about it. I love Zach and I will never love you. I will never take you back. So you might as well leave and find someone else to torture."

**Zach's POV**

I was so happy that she had said yes. I couldn't wait to marry her. I finished hunting and headed back home. When I reached the land boundaries to transform, Marcus was waiting for me. "What's going on?"Marcus grinned at me. "I just thought I would see what you are up to." I nodded and quickly dressed. I walked into the house, worried about Zea. She was sleeping soundly when I entered the room.

I smiled and walked closer to the bed. She was smiling slightly in her sleep. I sighed softly and laid down beside her. I gently stroked her hair and slipped into a deep sleep. I was happier than I had ever been. Zea will make the perfect wife. When I awoke, Zea was staring at me. "Hi, sweetie." She grinned and kissed me. "I'm glad that you are so happy." She laid her head on my chest and relaxed.

"So my future wife, what do you want to do today?"She blushed. "I have no idea. I have to tell you something." That sentence really worried me. She then proceeded to tell me. "Marcus tried to get me back while you were gone. He was in our room and wouldn't leave. Even after I told him to." I sighed loudly. I knew taht hew as going to cause trouble sooner or later. I just didn't expect it to be right after I proposed to her. I needed to have a serious talk with him. She leaned against me and I tried to stop worrying. Marcus would not like what was coming to him.