[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

"Was I?" Mairu tried hard to remember, scratching the top of her head with one finger. "Anyway, I told nii-san not to come. But, didn't you fight last year, Mikage-sensei? I was expecting to see Eijirou-san."

"Oh, did I?" the teacher replied, scratching her nape. "We totally forgot and decided who to go by Janken. Eijirou's so persistent and he made me join this year." She didn't react about Izaya not joining the fun.

"The Toramaru leader won last year because Shizuo-san didn't come." Mairu peeked through Mikage's shoulder and saw Shizuo, Varona, and a strong looking girl with them. "Shizuo-san is here?"

"Right. I'm certain people complained that if he joins, he's definitely going to win... but the organizers let him because they believe everyone has equal rights to join this tournament," Mikage explained. "It is also partly the reason why some people backed away."

Right now, there are more than fifty people on stage. Mairu excused herself from her teacher so that she could approach the new lady in Shizuo's group and greet her. "Sensei, can I go to Shizuo-niisan?"

"Sure, go ahead," Mikage said before Mairu sprinted to the other group.

-

"Shizuo-niisan!!" Mairu called as she approached the group. (F/n) flinched in surprise. She stopped on her track shortly before she could hit (F/n). "Shizuo-niisan, who is this pretty lady?" she asked as she goes all over (F/n), ignoring Varona.

"A friend of mine," he replied.

"Can I hug her?" she asked, her eyes shining. She's already hugged (F/n) tightly before Shizuo can say anything. It left his mouth agape for a while before he spoke.

"It's okay, I guess," he managed to say.

Mairu shamelessly run her hands all over (F/n)'s built before the latter could react appropriately. The younger ones complimented, "You have some nice muscles, nee-san! Are you strong?"

(F/n) partly nodded. "You look strong yourself," (F/n) returned the compliment as Mairu let her go.

"That's right. I might look like this but I'm very strong," Mairu agreed and bragged. "Back then, I almost broke Iza-nii's cervical spine with one kick."

"Better if you broke it," Shizuo muttered.

"Huh? Is her Iza-nii your enemy?" (F/n) curiously asked.

"A rival is a more appropriate term," Mairu intervened. "Iza-nii and Shizuo-nii don't get along since high school and when they meet, it can be extreme."

"Oh..." (F/n) suddenly imagined Shizuo hurling stuff as he chases another guy out of the city. She felt a shudder. "That looks scary."

"Right?! I'm glad I told him not to come today," Mairu said. Varona is not paying attention to them anymore. Shizuo didn't react at all.

"That must be a relief," (F/n) told herself.

Male Black Rider have started announcing the rules of the festival. Celty felt a strong shudder as Male Black Rider introduced himself. She might be thinking, "Who'll use my identity as their cover?!" Talking about unoriginality, huh?

"Oh, it's about to start," Mairu said as she prepared to leave the group. "Good luck; hope to bump on you later, nee-san." Mairu waved at them as she hopped away. (F/n) waved back at her.

"Now then, let the preliminaries begin!!" Male Black Rider exclaimed at it caused an uproar in the whole place.

-

Right after the uproar, people started fighting off each other.

"Leena, let's protect each other's back," Varona suggested abruptly, "Let's not get eliminated this round."