[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

Omitaka Tatsuhiko is a symbol of pride. Everyone in their laboratory acknowledges him and never questions his decisions. After all, he never once failed in combating new and unidentified strains of viruses and diseases. He is referred to as the "Master Curer" by other specialists. His vaccines are something.

One day, a new and unidentified strain of virus came across Archen Hannes. The Health Department entrusted the Master Curer and his team to research on the deadly virus and come with a preventive vaccine that can save countless lives. Omitaka and his team worked diligently on the vaccine day after day, until one day, the Health Department grew impatient of the results and rushed the team.

Soon after, the new vaccine was released after the first successful attempt. It yielded excellent results. The Health Department, in cooperation with the government released the vaccine, knowing that it only passed the first attempt. Omitaka tried so hard to argue not to release the medicine right away, but the government didn't hear him out. The people of Archen Hannes are afraid of the outbreak, and the few released expensive medicines were sold out only by the villagers of Archen Hannes. Then, they immediately injected it on themselves. The news of the new strain spread out and the other villages want the vaccines.

In several weeks, Omitaka's team observed abnormalities on their lab rats' activities. Those rats and guinea pigs injected with the medicine started to have skin diseases and unquenchable thirsts before they writhe in agony. In a few hours, they vomited purple and died.

The team members immediately reported the Master Curer. Horror filled his eyes upon seeing what happened to the lab rats. He hurriedly analyzed it and found out that the dying virus used to create the vaccine is stronger than the immune system of the patients. His knees trembled and he fell on the ground at the thought of the massive panic and the countless lives it can take from Archen Hannes.

He immediately reported his findings to the Health Department, discussed with the government. To prevent the panic, they decided to disclose the information. Not long, the villagers of Archen Hannes revealed the same symptoms the lab rats had before they died.

A plague befell all of the villagers. Their relatives from other villages went to Archen Hannes and discovered what happened. After investigating the event to themselves, they concluded that the vaccine created to combat a powerful strain caused the inhabitants of Archen Hannes to perish.

The people, in order to avenge their loved ones' meaningless deaths, they revolted against the government. The politicians found one unjust way to appease the residents – to blame the fault to those who formulated the vaccine.

Without doubt, the residents' relatives themselves want the medical team to suffer. The politician, being the ones who are truly at fault for pressuring Omitaka's team and releasing an unsafe cure, washed themselves from crime. They announced the public execution of Omitaka and his team on live television, much to the people' satisfactory. They are executed using their own creation. Ten shots of vaccine to each of the four members live, and twenty shots for their leader. They died slow, painful, and agonizing deaths.

Of course, the people of Kabuyano revolted to the government to oppose the execution. However, without unity, a leader capable of commanding everyone, the police armed forces have easily driven the citizens back to their village and silent them.

After the execution, the horde of relatives appeared to be satisfied for avenging their loved ones' deaths and they returned to the different villages and cities from which they came from. Archen Hannes village is demolished, cleaned, and officially removed from the list of official villages. It was a dark history. No one goes to Archen Hannes after the incident has been cleared. The people of Kabuyano remained in their own village cowering to the government.