:F⃣o⃣u⃣r⃣t⃣e⃣e⃣n⃣:

C⃣h⃣a⃣p⃣t⃣e⃣r⃣ F⃣o⃣u⃣r⃣t⃣e⃣e⃣n⃣

Elysia left the couch once Sam had asked her to dance. That just left Harrison and I on the couch. He passed me my cup. I take a small sip while apparently making a face.

"Are you alright? It's just beer," he says reassuringly.

"Oh," I look up at him, "it's just that I don't drink."

His eyes go from my face to the cup, then to my face. "I can get you something else if you want." He starts get up but I stop him by grabbing his wrist.

"No. Stay." I didn't want to be left alone again. Even though it worked out fine the first time.

He looks down at my hand on his wrist then nods his head. He sits back getting more comfortable. We sit close to each other. His arm drapes my shoulders and I lean into him slightly. We looked like a couple.

Harrison took this as an opportunity to take more selfies. 'For social media' he told me 'to make our relationship look more believable'.

He talked with a bunch of people who came and left the nearby couches. He was a really social person, unlike me. I guess he's always been this way. I just didn't notice until now.

"Y/N!" I hear someone shout. I turn my head to see a young boy walking over towards us. "Paddy," I say with a smile, sitting up straight.

"I haven't seen you in forever. Where have you been?" He asks. I used to see Paddy every now and then. At the height of Harry and I's friendship. He always was a sweet little kid.

"Just working but mostly I've been at home," I respond.

"I missed you and I think Harry missed you, too." He points over his shoulder. I follow his gesture to Harry, who I hadn't noticed showed up, looking over at us. He didn't move, seeming like he was deciding if he should come over.

I prayed that he didn't. I wasn't ready for that conversation. Especially not here and now.

"I have to go, but I'm glad I got to see you," Paddy tells me and leans down for a hug. I pat his back a couple times before he pulls away and walks off.

"Cougar," Harrison whispers in my ear. I elbow him on his side causing him to yelp.

The night continued on. There were stolen glances between Harry and I, keeping me anxious. I think Harrison began to take note of it since he started to rub up and down my arm soothingly.

"You want to go get some food?" He asks me. I nod my head. He holds my hand to lead me out of the house.

We sat down at a small table in the diner. Orders taken and eaten in a fast manner. Conversation breaking out afterwards.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Harrison asks, his eyes try to meet mine. Which were currently looking down at the table. "The party?" He clarifies.

I raise my gaze. "No. It was fine."

"It may have been my eyes deceiving me but at some point it looked like you were maybe having fun," he crosses his arms leaning them on the table.

I rub my hands against my legs. "Maybe," I admit, suppressing a smile.

He nods in contentment. "Good. Then it will be easier to get you to go next time."

"Next time. Yay," I feign excitement. He just chuckles and looks away. But his eyes do glance at me for a second.

I smile fully before reaching out for his hand. He lets me grasp it while watching me intently. Then I tug on my scrunchie pulling it off his wrist.

I put my hair up in a ponytail as Harrison goes on mumbling about me being a 'tease'.

Once I finish I rest my hands on the table only for Harrison to grip onto them and yanking me forward. My eyes widen at our close proximity. "Much better," he says. His thumbs rub the back of my hands.

I avert my eyes to the table top, slipping my hands out from under his. I swallow, feeling awkward.

"Okay, can I ask you something? And be honest," I look up at him, "why haven't you ever had a boyfriend?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. I guess no one's ever liked me like that."

"Lies. What happened to no secrets? Fight club, remember?" He persists.

"Okay, um," he waits for me to answer, "So love and dating? I like to read about it, and it's fun to write about it and think about in my head, but when it's real..."

"Is it scary for you?" He questions, trying to understand.

"Yeah," I nod my head.

"But why?"

I let out a breath. "Because the more people that you let into your life, the more that can just walk right out."

"Like your mum?" He asks softly.

I nod my head looking down once again.

"We don't have to talk about... that if you don't want to," he tells me. Almost apologetic about bringing it up.

"No. It's fine," I reassure him. Smiling softly to let him know I'm alright.

"I think it's a little odd, that you say you're scared of commitment and relationships but you don't seem afraid to be with me."

"Well, there's no reason to be."

"Why?"

"Because we're just pretending."

Harrison pauses and looks away. "Right, Of course." He stands up not even glancing in my direction. He starts walking away.

"Wait Harrison!" He turns around for a second. "Are we good?"

"Yeah, we're fine, L/N. Thanks for coming to the party with me tonight." With that he leaves.