Classic College Shenanigans

College!AU

Fandom - Overwatch

Overwatch © Jeff Kaplan / Blizzard

---

The more the week went on, the more (Name) and Genji texted. Though, they didn't get to share lunches often, and Genji usually sat with Hana and Lúcio in the mornings- if he was awake for them. Currently, the Japanese male was sitting with Hana and Lúcio, along with an Australian by the name of Jamison, a Brit female named Lena. There was also a bald boy named Tekhartha (though he preferred to be called Zenyatta). It was Thursday morning- meaning they were halfway through their first instructional week of college. There were no major pranks like the milk dump, or the PA Pussy Popping prank. Genji enjoyed the company of his new friends, laughing at a story the rambunctious Jamison was telling. With his phone sitting flat on the table, he would tap replies to (Name). Who was all the way across the cafeteria, sitting with his stepbrother and friends. Hana, who was sitting across from him, could see the name of the contact Genji was texting, a shrewd expression crossing her features.

"Hey Genji, who're you textin'?" Hana asked aloud, the first years at the table looking at the bubblegum smacking teen, then at the awfully quiet artist. Genji could feel some panic rise from his stomach.

"A friend," he answered.

Hana rolled her eyes. "You always say that! Does 'a friend' have a name?" She replied, sass lacing every word. Genji sent her a look that screamed anger.

"(Name)."

"Isn't that the Dean's son?" Lena asked.

"Yeah, it is," Genji answered, trying to hide in his orange hoodie.

"How'd you make a friend loike that?" Jamison asked, genuinely curious.

"I heard that most people that try to talk to him get rejected instantly," Tekhartha inferred, surprising Genji. He seemed to really warm up to him, so it was pretty big news to him.

"Maybe he doesn't reject cute boys?" (Name) said suddenly behind them, making all the teens jump and let out small screams, "woah, calm down," (Name) had his hands up defensively. Behind (Name) was Assistant Dean Reyes, who was on his phone in the middle of a call. "Gabe's busy, so I gotta bother someone." (Name) sat on the table beside Genji, fixing the dad-hat he wore with the school's logo slapped on, "so, s'up nerds?"

"Nothing," Genji replied with, only a little flustered from him not only being caught texting and ignoring his friends, but also from low-key being called cute by the upperclassman. "Oh, sorry-- this is Jamison, Lena, and Tekhartha."

"Hello, love!" Lena greeted with a chirp and a wave. She earned a smile and wave in return.

"You're gay, right?" Jamison blurted out, not even giving a proper hello. Expecting the older male to blow up, he only laughed uproariously, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Where the fuck did that come from?" He asked, "yeah, of fucking course I'm gay. Have you seen my dads? Let alone, me in my daily life? Pretty sure I said I liked dick about seven times yesterday #alone," He laughed. "Nice to meet you too."

"Oh, sorry," Jamison apologized, "nice to meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." Tekhartha said, the two shaking hands after (Name) basically had to lay down on the table to reach the male.

"Pleasure's all mine," He beamed, before straightening his back, looking down at Genji, "you tell these shrimpies about Brett's party yet?"

"For the most part."