Ch.2

tom's pov

"give it to me!!" shouted my sister.

i gave the guy creeping up behind me a nice roundhouse kick.

"i think i got all of them," i said proudly, "hurry up, would you, aria?

"don't you think i'm trying tom?? this fucktard won't give up the crystals!"

so for all who is wondering what the hell is going on, my little sister, aria, and i are currently doing our father's....dirty work.

you see, our family is actually in the mafia business. there are quite alot in demetria. it's just how

we roll, i guess.

in demetria, we fight. we fight to eat, to sleep, to survive. our "friends" on the other side of the tracks call us lowlife barbarians but that's only because they don't know that there are people out there that can't live as luxuriously as them. luminarions seem to just live in a bubble of their own. they just won't wake up and realized what the real world is like. not everyone is a genius, not everyone is rich. the people of demetria are just an example of what the real world is like.

it can be harsh but we go on.

"fine fine! just take it!"

the dude started pouring out the crystals onto the floor then hurriedly got up from the ground and hobbled away.

"yes! jackpot~" exclaimed my sister.

"pack that up aria. dad is gonna get mad if we don't deliver this to him by 5:00 pm."

"uhm are you not gonna help me?"

i thought about it for a second. i decided to ditch her and go to my spot in the artiesean woods. basically what divides demetria from luminarius.

"nah."

"tom fuckin holland. don't you dare leave me-"

"bye ari, love you, see you at home~~"

i jumped down from the platform we were on and ran off towards the woods.