"Father I'm ready to go to school!"She yelled running down the stairs.

"Well hurry on, you know the way,"he rushed handing over her lunch and school belongings.

Grabbing them she rushed out running to the place she would soon learn to hate.

Pushing her legs to go as fast as they could Jade finally arrived at the small building.

Sighing she ran up to the door, opening it with much more force than intended.

"And who are you?"The older man in the front of the classroom asked as the girl blushed realizing school had already started.

"I-I'm Jade Bl-Blue,"she stuttered looking at her feet.

"Ah the new student. Considering it's your first day I'll let this tardy slide, but next time you better be on time,"the teacher stated making the girl nod. "Well I'm Mr.Phillips and you may take a seat next to Ruby Gillis."

"You have a pretty name,"Ruby whispered to Jade, causing Jade to smile.

"Thank you, you have a pretty dr-."

"Enough of the tea party Blue. This is class, leave the talking for lunch,"Mr.Phillips yelled getting angry at the new student for talking during his lecture.

"When is lunch exactly?"Jade asked feeling her stomach rumble realizing she didn't have breakfast.

"If you weren't late you would know, however you are. So you'll just have to wait."

"Can't you just give me a time? It's not that hard,"Jade spat getting angry, not realizing the gasps coming from the other students around her.

"Excuse me? I will not tolerate this kind of behavior! This is my class so you go by my rules. If you say another word I will be sure you don't have lunch!"Mr.Phillips yelled walking in front of Jade.

Putting her hands up in defeat, Jade said nothing but she was fuming. She just wanted to go home.

[LUNCH TIME]

"What you said to Mr.Phillips was so brave!"Ruby giggled walking up to Jade.

"Oh thanks?"Jade questioned not understanding how that was so brave.

"No one ever talks to him like that,"a girl in a blue dress said. "I'm Diana Barry."

Nodding Jade took her seat in her desk with her food.

"What are you doing?" Diana asked.

"Eating, what does it look like?"Jade replied looking up at the two girls.

"That's ridiculous come sit with us,"Ruby smiled grabbing Jades cold hand.

Following the girls, she saw two other girls who introduced themselves as Josie, and Tillie.

"Hi,"Tillie said enthusiastically.

Giving her a smile Jade grabbed her apple from her basket and bit into it.

"Uh what are you doing?"Josie asked in disgust.

"Clearly I'm eating,"Jade snapped getting annoyed from always being asked that every time she ate.

"We share our food,"Ruby whispered.

Looking annoyed Jade put her half eaten apple in Josies hand, "You want to share this? Then have a bite."

"That is disgusting!"Josie squealed dropping the apple and getting up to wash her hands.

"I thought we were supposed to share!" The new girl laughed, not realizing the puzzled looks from the other girls.

"That wasn't very lady like,"Ruby muttered looking disgusted.

"Oh come on, she asked for it."

"In Jades defense she didn't know we were supposed to share,"Diana stated causing the girls to nod.

"Come on girls, we don't eat with animals,"Josie spat grabbing her basket waiting for the other girls to follow.

Standing up the girls trailed behind Josie giving Jade a look of sympathy as they walked by.

"So much for making friends,"Jade muttered getting up to sit in her desk.

"Eating alone?"A boy asked walking up to her.

"Yup,"Jade replied popping the 'p.'

"May I join?"The unknown boy asked politely.

Nodding Jade looked up to see a boy with curly hair and brown eyes.

"I'm Gilbert Blythe,"he smiled putting his hand out for Jade to shake.

"Jade Blue,"she said with a mouth full of food.

Laughing Gilbert couldn't help but be intrigued by the girls bright blue eyes. They were the kind of eyes you don't see often. One you especially don't see in Prince Edward Island.

"Do I have something on my face or what?"The girl asked the mesmerized boy.

"Oh I'm sorry miss, it's just you're eyes are so..unique."

"Thanks, I always thought they were ugly,"Jade shrugged continuing to eat her sandwich. The compliment of her eyes was something she got often, and it became overrated. It became exhausting to hear the same thing over and over again, there is so much more to Jade than just her eyes but no one ever points those out.

"That's absolutely ridiculous,"Gilbert said shaking his head.

"Well can't help the way I feel."

After moments of sitting in a comfortable silence it was time to go back to school work, so Gilbert went to his desk that was just a couple feet away.

[AFTER SCHOOL]

"Well Blue it has been my very pleasure to eat lunch with you, hope we can do it again tomorrow,"Gilbert winked at Jade grabbing his belongings and leaving the school.

Smiling Jade mimicked his moves and went out into the autumn air.

"Jade Blue!"Josie yelled making Jade roll her eyes.

"What?"

"How dare you talk to Gilbert Blythe. Ruby had dibs!"

~

1297 words

Chapter one is up! It's kind of rusty but I hope you guys like it.

Also I was thinking of making a playlist for this book, but I'm struggling so does anyone have any song recommendations for this book?