3-{Stairway to Closeness}

Hola...I thought I had published the part...Its when I woke up I realized that it was still in my drafts...Stupid me..!!

The update is here...I really don't know how well it has come-out for i wrote it in bit and pieces, like the first scene was actually the last scene that i wrote..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Stairway to Closeness}

"I sat there, eyes stuck up at the door,

And then at the spiral stairway leading towards it,

I sat there deciphering how long it would take to reach the door,

A voice in me screamed, 'You'll know only when you'll start to climb'"

Myra's POV

I was reading, no actually re-reading the lines that Kari had written right below mine on the credit card bill. I was about to throw the bill when I remembered writing something on it and it was then I noticed Kari's reply to my phrase. Sometimes I wonder how effortlessly this man understands my conflicts...!!

May be he is right, I guess I am restraining myself a little too much, taking solace in silence is okay but when it becomes suffocating, that's when you need to stop and right now if not suffocating, the silence has started leaving me breathless at times. Sometimes I feel a kaleidoscope of emotions turning in my head and my heart. The emotions those are as complex as love and hatred and as simple as care and reticence.

Can I be normal with Manik..?? Do I have a chance of having a happy family and a real relation apart from Kari..?? The questions keep muddling my head every now and then. I guess Kari is right, I would get the answers only if I try. No matter how much I try to deny but the fact remains I care for him and I am sure it is not out of humanity, it is simply because he is my brother...There I said it..Period..!!

I was in my thoughts when I saw Kari rushing in the house. One look at him was enough to tell me that something is seriously wrong. I rushed to him and held him by his shoulders

"What's wrong", I asked

"I...Woh Manik...",Kari stammered and then continued, "Can you please make that herb Kada...?? Manik is in a lot of pain..The doctor said that the Kada will help him...How much time will it take..?? Do we have all herbs here or should I ask the butler to get them from the guest house"

"Calm down..."

"Myra he is in a lot of pain"

"I guessed that...You go and stay with him and Nandini...I'll get the kada"

"Okay...How much time..??"

"I had already prepared and stored it for emergencies, I'll just warm it and get it.. 5 min max"

Kartikeya nodded and turned around to go only to stop in the middle

"Tumko kaise pata ki aisa kuch ho sakta hain and so you were prepared..!!"

I was about to reply but then I realized Kari was not aware of my discussions with the doctor, so I said "Tumhi ne bola tha na, it will pain as the treatment progresses, and Kada will help in reducing the pain so I just figured that out"

Kari took steps towards me with a smirk on his face,

"You are not as smart as you think you are Myra...We need to talk once Manik gets fine"