one

chapter one:-

stella's pov:-

"i'm back home!" i heard my brother, sebastian, yelling.

"how was your day?" i walked to him and hugged him.

"it was tiring, but fun." he answered, hugging me back.

i lived alone with my 22 year old brother in new york. our parents died 4 years ago in a car accident.

"did you eat?" sebastian asked.

"no," i replied. "i was waiting for you."

he walked into the kitchen and sat on the chair, waiting for me to bring the food.

"i didn't know what to cook, so i just made lasagna." i smiled.

"yummy!" he smiled back at me.

i placed everything on the table and we started eating, talking about our days.

"i made some coffee for a girl like, four times. she spilled it all on me. it was so annoying," i complained.

i work at a karaoke place everyday after school to gain more money so i could support my brother.

"damn, i would've kicked her out," he said.

"she thought i was checking her boyfriend out, he wasn't even hot!" i yelled and he laughed at me.

we continued eating in silence. after finishing, i picked up mine and sebastian's plate and placed it in the sink. i decided to wash them later because i was too lazy to do it now.

"i'm gonna start doing my homework," i said. "do you need anything?"

"nope, good luck," sebastian replied.

i went up to my room, locked the door and sat on my bed, placing my book in front of me. staring at the books on my bed, i felt kind of worried because i had a lot of homework to do, and honestly, i was too lazy to do it.

"let's start with english because that's the easiest one.." i whispered to myself.

30 minutes later, i was done with my homework and i went on Twitter to stalk 5sos. i liked their most recent tweets and logged out.

i wish i could meet them in real life. i thought.

i never went to a 5sos concert, and i never bumped into them like girls in stories do. i wish i was in a book, where i could meet michael clifford and we both would fall for each other and get in a relationship.

soon, i fell asleep with 5sos on my mind, and i completely forgot about the dishes. great.

•••••

i woke up feeling a little excited since it's saturday, which means no school, and my best friends and i are going hang out at karaoke nights. and i don't work on saturdays, which is a great thing! my best friends, gabriella and emily, and i always hang out there and sometimes we sing a few songs.

i got up and walked into the bathroom, taking off my clothes and taking a quick shower. turning off the water, i walked out, wrapped a towel around my body and started blow drying my hair. i put it up in a bun and then walked to my closet, looking for an outfit.

i picked up a black shirt that says "don't talk to me, you're not michael clifford" in white, black ripped jeans and my white converse and started getting dressed quickly. after putting on my clothes, i looked at the mirror, checking out my outfit one last time.

it's 3 pm, sebastian isn't in the house since it's really quiet. i unlocked my phone and texted gabriella.

me: where are you guys?

gabi: on our way!

i walked into the kitchen, grabbing the milk out of the fridge and pouring some in a cup. i drank it while scrolling through instagram.

a few minutes later, i heard a car honking and 5sos music playing really loud. placing the cup in the sink, i grabbed my phone and ran outside, locking the door behind me.

"turn this down!" i yelled.

"can't hear you!" gabi smiled at me.

"my neighbours are gonna call the cops." i sighed.

"your brother works with them so, he can help you," emily answered.

gabi started driving and we were singing along to 5sos the whole ride. 10 minutes later, we were parked in front of karaoke nights.

"i'm so excited!" gabi exclaimed. "i have a feeling something good is gonna happen!"

"you say that every time, but nothing happens," emily answered.

"you'll see!"

we walked in, it was really crowded and it was just 4 pm. wow.

we found an empty table and sat down, talking about random stuff and laughing at people singing in a funny voice.

"oh my god." gabi gasped, her eyes widening.

"what?" emily and i asked at the same time.

she pointed behind me, saying nothing.

emily and i gave each other confused looks, and slowly turned around to see what's behind me.

or who's behind me.

oh my god.

5 seconds of summer just walked in.

•••••