Collins eyes flick down and his eyebrows raise, making me scream inside my head. FUCK! he's going to be so freaked out. Instead he looks at me with a small grin.

"You can stop trying to hide that," he says, and I gape at him. "I mean I've already seen it and we've got a pretty long while left in this ride, so you may relax." He says it like he's giving me permission to relax and I groan and cover my face with my hands.

He removes them instantly.

"None of that," he laughs. "Just relax. You've messed up three times now. Twice not looking me in the eye and speaking out loud, and once hiding your face. I would watch myself, if I were you."

To my utter shock, tears rise up in my eyes. I screwed up three times in half a bus ride. How pathetic. The tears spill as I look up at the back of Collins head, while he looks out the window. Collin turns to me and sees my tear-stained face, and his expression instantly changes to deep worry.

"What's wrong?" He asks, and I try to stop crying but I can't. God I'm so ridiculous.

"I just... three times is a lot," I mumble, and his face lights up. He slides his hand into my hair, just under my ear, and his hand cups the back of my neck as he leans in and presses a swift kiss to my cheek, his lips whisking away a stray tear. When he pulls back, I realize I've stopped crying. In fact, I just have the urge to hide in his chest and sit there, let him stroke my hair and hold me.

It's an overwhelming feeling and I sit back and look out the window, squeezing my hands into fists. I need to control myself. The bus ride ends and I jump up, following Collin off the bus and keeping my eyes locked to the ground under my feet. Collins voice in my ear makes me jump about a foot.

"Look up when you walk," he says, and I immediately throw my head back up, looking straight ahead. "Good boy. I'll see you on the bus home."

His words send a thrill down my spine. Good boy. I love it when he calls me that. I walk into class distracted, my head full of Collin.

I don't focus on anything all day. I can't. I just keep replaying Collins words over and over in my head. 'Good boy.'

Remembering the way he said it makes me fall into utter contentment. I'm a good boy for Collin. I can be good. But I also remember other things he said- you've messed up three times now- and I wince. His words feel like a physical slap in my memory. I disappointed him. Let him down. I wasn't being a good boy.

I choke up a little bit and have to look down at my seat to stop the tears before they fall. Holy shit, I'm going insane.

The day drags by, and I don't hear a word in any of my classes. I just think of Collin. I don't have any friends, so I don't have to worry about avoiding anyone- that at least comes as a relief.

I bounce on the soles of my feet while I wait for the bus. It pulls up and I dart on, quickly as a fish through water, and bolt back to our seat.

Now I just have to wait for Collin.

Other kids board the bus, and when I finally spot Collin, he's with a large group of people, all of them laughing. I can see his gorgeous smile from here, see the way his teeth flash in the sun and his hands gesture expressively and they all listen to him talk. He's beautiful. They all wave to him and board a different bus, but Collin gestures with his chin towards ours and climbs on steadily, confidently striding towards our seat.

I press myself against the cold grey metal wall, giving him as much room as possible. A screw digs into my side but I ignore it, staring at Collin as he sits down. This is it. This has been the moment I waited for all day long. My heart races, pounding against my ribcage.