Chapter Eleven

[jasons pov]

Day one of Chris's heat

I regain control from Silas and immediately glance down at Chris, concerned. Silas said he's going into his first heat. What the hell am I supposed to do? He won't let me touch him like that! He'll be terrified and when it's over he'll be even more confused.

I mean I can even push off later until it happens but what am I supposed to do right now? Chris is just sitting here, staring up at me like I'm some kind of hero, and I don't know what to do. I don't want to frighten him. I don't want to confuse him. But there's no way he's going to be able to get through his first heat alone. He won't be able to- I doubt he's even touched himself before. The thought makes me wince.

"Uhm. Chris?" I ask nervously as he starts to quietly play with the hem of my shirt, giving me some time to think. I don't know what to do.

Mac. I'll ask Mac- he'll know. He helped Jacob through his first heat, didn't he? yeah. Okay. I'll ask Mac.

"Yeah?" Chris answers me and I hear the tightness, the way he's trying to hold on to his will and not launch himself at me. The slipping control. My poor Chris.

"I need to talk to Mac and I promise I'll be right back," I tell him, watching his reaction. Leaving a mate during heat can be dangerous- they can't handle the feelings on their own and for Chris it will be so much worse. It's a longer, more difficult heat anyways, since he's mated to an alpha. But with Chris's fears... I don't know how this is going to work. I need to ask Mac what to do.

"Don't... Don't leave, Jason," Chris whispers, his hands moving to tug at my shirt. Shit. I need to go now.

"I'll be right back," I murmur, and lean down to press my lips so his neck, sucking and biting down slightly. God he feels so good, his skin under my mouth. He gasps and groans, and then I snap myself out of it. I need to go.

Sliding out of the bed, Chris's eyes still shut tight, I make my way to the door and hurry out. I need to make this as fast as possible. Taking long strides, I reach Mac's door and knock swiftly. He opens it easily and grins at me.

"Hey. How's Chris?" He asks, and I fight down the part of me that's immediately jealous; why does he need to know how Chris is? Chris is mine.

"He's fine. For now. I mean.. Mac he's going into heat and I don't know what the fuck to do," I groan, striding in and sitting in top of Mac's desk with my head in my hands. Mac chuckles and shuts the door, leaning against it.

"What do you mean you don't know what to do?" He laughs, and I remember that he doesn't know about Chris's condition.

"Mac. I'm serious. The kid has an intense fear of being touched. Anything even remotely sexual throws him into flashbacks and tears." Mac's eyes widen and I give him a look. "He was molested and raped as a kid. I don't know what to do."

Mac stands there for a moment, blinking quickly. I think of Chris waiting for me upstairs and tap my foot impatiently.

"Well.. I mean. Shit. You could just knock him out for the heat," he says, and I shoot him a look. Really? I thought he was going to help?

"You want me to drug him into submission and touch him while he's unconscious. That'll go over really well, moron." I snap. I'm not usually rude but I'm anxious. Mac bites his lip, thinking.

"Well I mean when you says it like that. I don't know, Jay."

"Well what did you do with Jacob?" I ask angrily, then immediately regret it at the smirk on his face. "Don't answer that. Seriously Mac what should I do?"