Chapter Two

"What...I don't..." I stuttered, trying to figure out what was going on. That's when I realized for the first time that he was holding me bridal style. I didn't get another thought past that as I screamed and started flailing around, kicking at him and trying to shove off his chest. He stared down at me in alarm but didn't let go.

The scariest part of the entire situation? I still felt my cheeks heat up as my hands shoved at him desperately, blushing at the contact. 'No!' I reminded myself. 'He's probably taking you off somewhere alone and then you know what he'll do to you?' I tried to stop thinking but I couldn't. 'He'll hurt you. Beat you and cut you and eventually, when you're bloody and lying on the bed, then do you know what will happen Chris? Do you remember what happens then?'

I screamed out loud and the tears started cascading down my face again.

"PLEASE! Please, please let me go. Please, I'll do anything...please.... Put me down! Please!" I choked on my words at the end and he tightened his arms around my thrashing form and walked faster. My vision started to go hazy again and I cried harder, trying so hard to get away.

"Shhh, darling, shush. It's okay, calm down," Jason's voice murmured into my ear, and my heart rate automatically slowed down, my breathing changing from absolute hyperventilation to small pants that leave my lips dry and sore. His hand moves from my neck to my shoulders and I let out a huge sigh of relief when his hands stop touching bare skin.

"That's it," he whispers soothingly against my ear as my legs finally stop kicking around and my arms go limp, hanging against my chest.

"Please put me down," I whimper, but he doesn't respond. He turns us into a room that I distantly recognize as the nurse's office and lies me down on the long blue cot. I curl up into a ball, sitting up to hug my knees to my chest. I'm so scared- why am I here alone with him, what does he want from me?

"What do you want me for," I growl out tensely, insanely uncomfortable. The panic is gone because he isn't touching me anymore, but I still don't trust him. My breath catches and I scowl to hide the fear when he clicks the lock shut.

He looks confused and sits down in the nurse's spinny chair, looking at me like he's afraid I'm going to start freaking out again. He's beautiful- bright blue eyes under dark brown hair, and an obviously toned body under a blue t-shirt and black jeans... he's perfect. Gorgeous. 'No.' I say to myself sternly. No. I can't do this.

"I need to go," I mutter, trying to stand up and immediately starting to fall, my hip aching and my stomach rolling. I groan and stumble a little bit, right back into the cot. "Shit," I curse, and I look over I see Jason raising one eyebrow at me.

"I don't think you're going anywhere," he smirks at me and my heart starts to race, my mouth going dry and I can feel another panic attack coming on. He seems to realize that he did something wrong and moves across the room to swiftly unlock the door and then to come sit next to me.

"Don't touch me!" I screech as his hand comes towards my face, and he freezes, looking confused.

"Hey...you've got to at least let me help you," he says, showing me the small ice pack in his hand that I hadn't noticed before. I stiffen and the reach my hand out, cursing under my breath when I realize that my gloves must've fallen off somewhere. Being careful to avoid skin on skin contact, I take the ice pack from him and then blush.

"Where is it worst?" I ask, unable to see my face clearly. He looks at me for a moment, his eyes scanning my face, and then gestures to my hip.

"Here. You're all purple and blue," he says softly, sadly, and I have to shove away the thought that he cares. 'Stop being stupid Chris.'

I try to properly reach it but the actual bruise is back far enough that it's more on the small of my back then my hip. It burns when I try to reach it and I curse again.

"Here, let me help," Jason says, and I immediately shake my head. No. He's not touching my back. It's too close.. no. Just no.

"No. Don't touch me," I snap, and he moves back, hands up like he's surrendering.

"Fine. Fine. I won't touch you. But you do realize how weird this is right? Most people would've thanked me by now. Unless you enjoy being left bloody in the hallway."

I wince at his words and look away from him, staring at the walk instead.

"Thank you."