"I did it! Ha!" Jesse said as he approached me, "I thought I'd miss."

"Well, I'm sure as shit glad you didn't," I laughed nervously, "Otherwise, I doubt I would have gotten out of there anytime soon."

"I'm sure we would have found another way," He said, "Now, let's get going."

The next place we wound up in was not another trap; instead, it was a library. Likewise to Ivor's in terms of appearance but substantial in size and, therefore, considerably more frightening. Cobwebs and dust particles adorned every nook and cranny, and I wanted to perish at the mere thought of an arachnid and I consuming the same oxygen. The worst part, though, was the musty chair Olivia had me sit on while she treated my injury. When my thighs met the revolting piece of furniture, I felt my pores absorb the decades' worth of dank, and suddenly, ruptured veins were no longer number one on my list of top ten fears.

"Why am I wearing shorts?" I said, "I'm wearing a jacket but no pants—what was I thinking?"

"I chose that combination, remember?" Olivia said, "Now, hold still, or else you'll contract an infection."

"Oh, I'd forgotten," I mumbled sheepishly, "Also, what of your potions? What happened to them?"

"Y/N, you happened," she grumbled, catching me off guard.

"Did I annoy you?" I asked, genuinely hurt over the thought, "If so, I'm so sorry."

Once Olivia had treated and bound my hand, I thanked her and apologized (again) for any hassle I had needlessly caused her. Mumbling that she had also acted insufferably—what, when?—she waved her hand in dismissal. I disagreed, but there was no room for argument when it involved Olivia. I learned that early on.

After I removed the grime off the back of my thighs, I sought out Lukas, who I found running his finger along the spine of dust-ridden books. 'The History of...,' they were titled, which intrigued me because, well, I had been majoring in the subject. Although, I did not approach him right away, considering that Jesse had beat me to him. I heard him ask, 'Did you find anything useful?' When the blonde uttered the word 'history,' Jesse promptly dismissed himself, claiming he had to do his share of investigating.

"I take it you didn't find anything worth caring about?" I asked.

Lukas chuckled, and then he looked down at my injured hand.

"And I take it Olivia ran out of potions of healing?"

"Unfortunately, yes," I sighed, "All thanks to me, too."

"What a shame," he shook his head, "You needed it."

"At least it's not my right hand," I said, "My dominant hand, precisely."

"That's great—but, ah," he coughed, "Never mind."

"Hey, don't leave me hanging," I said.

"Um, how did Reuben manage to get through?" Lukas slyly grinned, "Unharmed and way, way before you?"

"Wow, that's low," I said, "The pig set off the trap."

"Yeah, you're right," he snorted, "Still, though..."

Lukas offered me one last grin before reinstating his attention toward the same bookcase. And me, well, I stood awkwardly beside him, unwilling to venture off into an unfamiliar place. While he attempted to extract a specific book, I suddenly recalled the events from earlier. 'Are you okay?' I went to ask, but when the foreign sound of Jesse gasping reverberated around the room, it was as if everybody's curiosity had spiked instantaneously. I turned to the blonde, and he gestured with his head, 'Come on.'

"The battle was fierce, but the Order of the Stone emerged
triumphant, saving the land and thus ensuring that peace and prosperity would forever reign," Jesse read aloud, "These five members, five friends, together, would give much to gain their rightful place as five heroes. They would author their own end. They would slay a dragon."

"Ivor was a member of the Order of the Stone?" Olivia said, baffled, "The stories never mentioned him!"

"This might explain why he had such a grudge against Gabriel," Jesse pointed out.

"Damn, that's crazy," I said, "What else did they lie about? And who wrote this book—like, what if it's embellished?"

"Why did you have to say that?" Lukas groaned.

"Thanks, now I'm worried," Axel said.

"Look, the Order might not be what we thought they were," Jesse started, "But Petra is still out there. That monster is still out there. We have to maintain a positive outlook if we're going to save the world, alright?"

Oh my God! Petra—what the hell happened to her? And why had they all neglected to inform me of her disappearance? I felt shocked, embarrassed, and somewhat...betrayed? Perhaps betrayed wasn't the appropriate term, but that's essentially what I felt. Oh, well. It's not like the lot had intentionally disregarded such a crucial detail—I had to remind myself that. Furthermore, they'd escaped a behemoth with the burden of an unconscious individual, traversed through a Hell-like dimension, and constructed an entire treehouse by scratch within one day. 'Still,' I regrettably thought. So, I turned to Jesse, Axel, Olivia, and Lukas and said, 'Tell me everything I missed, no matter how insignificant it may seem.' And, oh, little did I know how much I would regret making such an innocent request.