43. The beginning of the end is sooner than we thought

Start from the beginning

- This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation, explains the Original while showing the jar to everyone.

- So I'll be dead? questions and frowns, Elena.

- And then you won't, responds Elijah as he looks at her.

- That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date? I ask annoyed and with a light angriness while frowning. I turn to Elena and look at her. You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?

- Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work, informs Elijah to me.

- I'll take those odds over your elixir, I tell to the thousand years old vampire before turning back to Elena. What if it doesn't work, Elena?

- Then I guess I'll just be dead, I frown and shake my head before looking at Stefan. My brother does nothing more than a shrug. I can't believe this. How can he be this fine about the brunette dying or his daughter? I look at each one of them, one by one, frowning madly before turning around and leaving the library. I can't be in this room anymore or I'll explode.

- Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf? I hear Elena asking the Elijah.

- Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will, answers Elijah to them.

Carol Lockwood's P.O.V.

- Tyler, honey. It's your mother. I don't know where you are, but I need you. I've had an accident and I'm in the hospital. Please, Tyler, come home. I tell as I am letting a voicemail to my son. I walked up the stairs and when I arrived up there, a man is standing in front of me and is mouthing what I tell to Tyler, in the voicemail, at the same time as I talk. I hang up and look at the man confused and scared. Why did I say that?

- Because you had a terrible fall, I arc my brows confused when he suddenly, without touching me, pushes me and I fall down the stairs. I land on the floor, unconscious.

Damon's P.O.V.

- Breakfast of champions, huh? questions my baby brother who joins me outside. I was drinking Bourbon, alone, while staring at the horizon and thinking.

- I'm surrounded by idiots. I need all the help I can get, I answer him after taking a sip of my drink.

- You know, you're not helping, states Stefan, standing next to me.

- Elijah is an original vampire, Stefan. One we tried to kill. You're going to believe this guy? I say and ask him, frowning confused and madly.

- What do you want me to do, Damon? Elena made her decision. She's choosing to trust Elijah. I'm going to put my faith in her.

- Why? She's going to end up dead.

- Because she put her faith in me. She chose to trust me in spite of what I am. I'm going to bet on somebody's instincts, it's going to be hers, announces my brother. And Gillian?

- And what about your daughter, Stefan? Have you completely forgot her? Where is the man that were ready to do anything to save his little girl? Where's the man that were ready to kill anyone who touches or even looks up and down badly to his daughter? Huh? Where's that guy? Stefan lowers his head again before looking at the horizon. Gillian is as much in danger as Elena, Stefan. She's even more in danger since she is stuck with Klaus! That's about her that you should be mostly worried, not Elena. Stefan sighs before looking at me with some tears in his eyes. But they won't fall.