chapter 8

The insistent ringing of my phone made me opened my eyes begrudgingly and picked it up from the small stool that was next to the bed. "Hello?" I asked even though my voice was a little raspy. "Miss Willow's? This is Mr lewis". All the fog cleared from my eyes and i sat up on the bed quickly ignoring the slight dizziness. "Yes sir" "I'm to tell you that  you got the job, that is if you still want it?". I smiled brightly "Yes! I do, thank you so much" "okay you can start today we resume by 8:00am and you get paid by  fifteen dollars every week for started but it will increase if i see that you're doing your job right. Is that okay with you" he asked and i quickly replied " yes sir! It more than okay with me. Thank you so much for the opportunity. Bye" I hung up the phone and smiled happily. I quickly got out of bed and my alarm chose to ring at that time. I looked at it and smiled. "Today is going to be a great day". It was still seven o'clock so i just picked out and clothes and went to have my bath before the quadruplets wake i wore a blue knee length skirt and ankle boots with a white floral top i comb out the tangles from my hair, making a mental note to go and have it done or cut. I took my bag and other necessities and went to the kitchen. I quickly made omelette with one egg,ate it and wash my plate. I was about to head to the door when i heard my name being called. I looked back and saw the quads mother standing there. "Yes aunt Tilly?" She forced a smile and asked where i was going. After i told her she smiled. "How about salary....." She trailed off and i quickly lied "oh its seven dollars a week" she nodded and bade me farewell. I quickly went outside and sighed. I really need to save money and  get out of this house. No way was i telling Tilly my real salary amount.

I quickly took the train to get to my workplace faster. I walked into the cinema and immediately saw Devon. I walked up to him and a bright smile lit his features. "Hi! Congratulations on getting the job!" I laughed and nodded "thank you so much!".  Most of my mornings was spent with Devon teaching me the basics of the ticket boot and how to get everything settled in. According to him, his job is to advertise the movie for the day and my job to to sell the tickets to watching while the checking if the tickets and selling of snacks and juice is done by another set to people.

The cinema was really big and I'm still in awe at it. I quickly went to the bathroom and changed into the assigned shirt which had the cinema name on it. I looked at the ticket and smiled. Today three movies were showing and i can't wait for my first customer. At exactly nine, the cinema flipped it open sign and people started arriving and asking for tickets to see the brand new movies that just came out and i was sell every ticket for ten dollars. I was really happy with how sales were going and before ten i have already sold over twenty five ticket for the movies the people choose to see.

~*~
It was finally time for my break and i smiled as Devon came towards me "how are you holding up kiddo?" He asked and i smiled "its fun, this is the first time i am doing something like this and i love it" I stated and he just smiled at me. Our break was cut shot when three men walked in with casual clothes accompanied by ten or more men in black suits. Devon tensed and his expression changed. One of the guy in a casual wear came towards the ticket boot and towards Devon. He took put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a flash drive. "Clear the theater room and play this" Devon nodded and they proceeded to enter the a lounge like area. I look at all of them feeling a little intimated by all of them and breath a sigh of relief when they passed through a door. I look at Devon and watched as he visibly relaxed. "Who are they?"I asked in a whisper and he looked at me softly "they are the bonaducci brothers. A common mafia gang in this city. This is one of their hang out spots. Please excuse me. I watched him walk away spine rigid Soon people were filing out of the building, panic evident on their faces. Soon it was quite and then one of the boys in casual wear came out. I noticed that he was covered overall, from the turtle neck sweater to the black gloves and boots he was wearing. Soon the rest of the guys followed and they all walked into the screening room. I looked over to the girl at the food counter and her face was pale as he packed popcorn and drinks and also disappear into the screening room. I looked at the time and my lunch break was over but no one seem to be looking at the time. Mr Lewis and Devon were talking in the corner in hushed voices and i just picked up my phone to play solitaire since the theater is not going to have any customer soon.

~•~
About two hours later. They all came out and Devon gave the guy back his flash drive. A little girl came running the theater and straight for the screening room with her mother on her tail  trying to stop her and then she collided with the guy in the overall cloth. He visibly tensed and then quickly pushed the girl away from him. The mother caught her before she could fall to the floor and apologize to them before dragging the girl away. The  guy was still tensed and his two brother were whispering something to him which made him relax. He used his handkerchief to wipe the front of his cloth and they they all walked out of the place, not even sparing me a glance.

*****†********†*******†******†******

If you're reading this book, comment and I'd give you a shout out in the next chapter.

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

THANKS.