Chapter 2

I grabbed my things and went to the living area. "Mom! Dad! I'm off" I pulled out my phone from my bag and the time read seven-thirty. I quickly walked outside, grateful that the fog had reduced.

My boots crunched on the gravel and stones as i maneuvered my way to the main road streets. I just looked around and smiled. Behind me i heard a horn and i quickly moved to the side to allow the car pass. Since our town was very small we don't care for cars as we can easily walk or use a horse but that doesn't mean we don't have a car, we all do but only use it for special occasions like when you go to the big city or outings.

I was on my way to my Tammy's farm and i shivered in excitement because i always like going there because of the horses they had. I passed by the market making sure to greet and want to the people i came across. 'Typical day' I muttered under my breath as i reached the place. I moved up to the house and knocked on the door. I looked around while i waited for someone to answer. There were cows in the open field grazing but no sign of the horses. The door opened and i was staring at the exited face of my best friend Tammy.

"Hello my sister from another mother!" i just laughed and moved to hug her "yes sister from another mother" was my reply as she dragged me inside.

From the looks of her messy hair, she just got out of bed "Come on Tammy, we can't afford to be late and it's already seven forty-five" I stated while looking at my phone that i had just pulled out of my bag. "Okay! Just make yourself at home. My pops ain't around, left way early to see his sister" Tammy called as she went up to her room.

I moved to the sitting room and sat down, I didn't want to take my boot off so i just left them on because of the warmth.

I pulled out my phone and just started playing a random video game while i waited for Tammy.

~~*~~
I looked at the time and it was ten minutes past eight, I stood up the sole intention of storming to her room but she beat me to it by walking out. I checked her appearance and sighed. She was dressed in a blue knee length fitted gown with a black sweater and white boots. I rolled my eyes "You do know that the weather is chilly right? "will it kill you to wear jeans" I asked as she moved to the kitchen counter where a bag was there "nope! and besides Robert is going to be there and" she turned to face me "the cold never bothered me anyways"

"Stop being so dramatic and let's go. You know how Cj can get, if were a minute late he takes it out on our pay check" Tammy groaned and picked up bag "I know right, that guy is a beast, the only reason i tolerate him is because of him being Robert's father and i don't want to make an enemy of my future father-in-law" she stated and i just laughed and  shook my head "don't get over your head" i stated and followed her out the door.

We walked towards the restaurant we both worked at all the while talking about fashion and the big city. Handwritten with a white board on the roof of the small building was the name CJ's restaurant and we both sighed simultaneously. Tammy unlocked the door with the spare key and we both went inside.

We quickly went to the back to keep our things in the locker and then grabbed out aprons.

I left Tammy to work in the kitchen while i took to cleaning the tables and chairs. We were the only ones working here because the rest either quit or get fired for stealing and other stupid reasons.

I stared at the wall clock and it was nine on the dot. I quickly went to the door and flip the sign to open.

It didn't take long before customers started trooping in and i set to writing and then delivering their orders.

The boss just walked in, took one look at us before heading to the back door. I just shrugged and smiled when Robert came in "hi rob, Tammy's in the kitchen" I stated and attended to another customer.

"Hello, how may i take your order" i asked the man and he stared at the menu before ordering. I wrote down the order before excusing myself and went to the kitchen but gasped as i saw Rob and Tammy in a heated lip lock "Ugh! guys can't you wait until you're married or at least get a room" I stated and they pulled away from me. I handed Tammy the note and watch Robert sheepishly shimmy out of the room "seriously Tammy you have to stop this and save your self for marriage including your lips!" I stated and Tammy turned to look at me frowning "I told you a million times that Rob is the man I'm going to marry! and I'm technically giving my self to my husband!" She snapped and i just shook my head "technically you're not marrie-" she cut me off angrily "how would you know, you've never even kissed a guy not to talk of giving anyone a chance!" She stated and then shoved the plate in my hands. "I'm sorry for meddling in your affairs After all what do i know about love and romance" i stated angrily and then went to give the customer his order.

I wiped my hands on the apron and just sighed. Tammy always get defensive anytime i talk about her and Rob but she went too far and I'm definitely not apologizing.

I went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water but was stopped by a hug "I'm so sorry Helga, please forgive me" Tammy stated and i just smiled and nodded "you're already forgiven and I'll stay out of your love life" she smiled happily which made me smile also. "Best friends forever" she whispered and i nodded "my sister from another mother".

______________________________________
What do you think about the chapter so far?