1.01k? fuccn n o i ce

holy fuck y'all we made it to fuckin 1k reads, wtf
thats fuckin cool!! there are like five people who read this.. and we managed to make it to at least 1k? holy shit

WELL what better way to celebrate that shit than with some DEAF BAKUGOU

fuck yes, ya bitch finished the thing
a whopping 2,424 words.. nice. well!! i should stop stalling..... here's!! the thing!!
(quick thing: this!! some of the things in this fic correspond w my headcanon book so if you're wondering why some things are the way they are just!! don't worry bout it!!)

ヾ(゚∀゚ゞ)

Katsuki was always a stubborn child. Even before he developed his quirk, he was a bit defiant and too independent for his own good. At nine years old, when he found out he was starting to lose his hearing, the stubbornness only doubled. Mitsuki and Masaru tried all they could to help him, teach him sign language, get him a hearing aid, and it did work at times, but his attitude and resistance to dependency really messed with their efforts. Eventually they had to resort to rather undesirable means to get him to cooperate.

In the end, he did get the help he needed, and by the point he got into middle school he was fluent in sign language (though he adamantly refused to wear a hearing aid, which Mitsuki and Masaru reluctantly decided to deal with for the time being). Izuku never commented on it; he was definitely worried about Katsuki but still did everything he could to keep himself away from the explosive boy at all costs.

Nobody else knew. And if they did, they never said anything.

Until a certain red-dyed boy with an eccentric (and nosy) personality came into Katsuki’s life.

Katsuki grows to think highly of Eijirou. Not in the sense of which he looked up to him, like All Might, but in that he appreciates him and sees him as a best friend. Of course that doesn't mean he tells Eijirou everything; despite it all he refuses to turn off his tough guy exterior. But, like with everything else about Katsuki, Eijirou finds out on his own.

|~~~|

“Hey, Bakugou.”

Eijirou whispers; they're in a library, studying for an upcoming English test in Present Mic’s class, along with Izuku, Tsu, and Ochako.

Katsuki sits beside him, eyes scanning across the words on the study sheet with boredom. He knows this stuff already, Eijirou assumes, he’s always been one of the most intelligent students.

Katsuki doesn't respond to his name though, only continuing to read each English word over and over, mechanically. Eijirou tilted his head, thinking he might be too absorbed in reading. He tried his name once more. “Bakugou?” He said, a bit louder than before, though not loud enough as to disturb his other classmates.

This was a little odd.

Eijirou gave him a small tap on the shoulder as he said his name again, in a whisper-yell this time, “Bakugou!”

Katsuki flinched, snapping his head up from the paper and very loudly exclaiming, “Huh?!”

This earned him a few shushes from the people around them.

Katsuki seemed to relax when he realized Eijirou was trying to speak to him, and though he looked a bit shaken up for a second, a usual frown sooned made its way onto his face as he questioned, “Oh. What do you want, Shitty Hair?”

Eijirou paused; maybe Bakugou was just startled by the tap on his shoulder. That could've very well been all there was to it, he did look rather focused on that paper. But something told Eijirou there was something else.

“Oh, um, I was just gonna ask if you could help me with this word. I’m having a hard time with it.” For now, though, he’d ignore it.