XXII

Kendal

I let my small hand glide across the soft surface of my small bump. 4 months. I'm practically half way through my pregnancy.

I turn to the side to get a better look at my bump as I let a small smile form on my face. It's not the biggest but it's adorable.

I stand in just my bra and underwear so I can get a perfect view of my stomach and all its glory. I tend to do this a lot now. I think I just want to take it all in because sometimes I really can't believe it.

I jump a little as I see Ethan lean up against the bathroom door frame in the mirror. A small smirk plays on his lips. "You're really starting to show aren't you?" He beams. I can't help but smile myself.

He slowly walks up and wraps his arm around me from behind and places his hand on to my bump. He places a gentle kiss to my head.

"You look beautiful." He murmurs into my hair. My cheeks heat up like they always do when he compliments me. It never gets old.

"Are you going to work today?" He ask softly as he continues to caress my stomach as I look at him through the mirror. I haven't been to work in a little while because the press is full of pictures of my bump. Everyone's going crazy because of what has happened in the past. Some are shocked that Ethan and I are back together and are expecting.

"I planned on it. Yes." I murmur as I turn to face him and wrap my arms around his neck as I place a soft peck to his lips. He smiles down at me as his calloused hands fall on to my waist.

"I'm getting ready to leave but you're more than welcome to take one of the other cars. I don't want you to rush." He says with ease. He's always worried about me. He wants me to do everything at my own convenience.

"I'll eat some breakfast and I'll be there in a little while." I say now resting my hand on his cheek that is beginning to be littered with his dark facial hair. I didn't mind it at all. If anything I liked him with facial hair.

"Alright. Love you. I'll see you soon. Call me if you need me." He says with raised eyebrows. There he goes worrying about me again. "Don't worry." I smile as I release him so he can leave me in the bathroom to finish up getting ready.

"Love you!" He shouts after me as he walks down the hall to head off to work. The smile doesn't leave my face until I begin to try on my clothes.

I become frustrated as I try and find something that truly fits me. I sigh as I look through all my pencil skirts. Not a single one fits and if it does it's more than uncomfortable.

I run my hands through my hair as I shuffle through my wardrobe until I finally land on a light pink dress made up of stretchy material. "This will have to do." I mutter to myself as I take it from the rack.

I slip it on and smile at how much it shows off the cute little bump. I wonder what Grayson will have to say about how much I'm showing now. He hasn't said a single word to me since he found out.

I smile at myself in the mirror and grab my purse. I'm happy to go to work no matter what happens with Grayson or the press. I need to leave this house. I feel trapped.

I make my way down to the kitchen for some breakfast. I'm constantly hungry and I know the baby would be furious with me if I didn't eat some breakfast.

As I enter the kitchen I smile as a delicious smell fills my nose. I see the cook with a plate in front of her.

"Pancakes with peanut butter. No syrup." She says with a smile. She knows exactly what I've been craving lately and this is it.

"Thank you so much." I say with a sigh as I sit in front of the plate. "Oh and white milk." She says sliding a full glass to me. I flash her another smile and I begin to dig in.

Ever since I got pregnant I've loved peanut butter even more and hated syrup more. For some reason I can't stand the idea of some things anymore. I guess it's normal though.

"You're bump really is getting big Mrs. Dolan." She says as she glances down at my stomach. Everyone here calls me Mrs. Dolan even though Ethan and I haven't really made it official yet. It just seems to fit.

"I know. It's great isn't it." I smile. "You look beautiful." She adds before she leaves.

Nothing can take away the happiness I feel right now. I'm going to enjoy my pregnancy just like I should. I don't need to worry about anything. All that matters is Ethan and this baby.

I finish up my food and place my dishes in the sink and sling my purse over my shoulder. I grab a set of keys from the rack without caring which car it actually was.

I walk into the garage and hit the key fob to sound a beep from the Jeep. I smile at my pick. This is my favorite to drive. If I even drive. Usually Ethan drives us everywhere. I don't like to drive and he knows that. It makes me nervous.

I hop into the car and open the garage door. I start the car and begin to back out of the garage. I turn on the radio as a small smile plays on my lips. I'm finally heading back to work and I couldn't be happier with where my life currently is.

Word count 1004
Oh and btw the prologue to Vegas is out!!!