VI

Grayson

As we pull into my driveway I glance at Kendal. She's fast asleep next to me in the seat. I sigh as the driver parks the car.

I brought Kendal here because I didn't want her disturbing her friend Racheal. I also wanted to make sure she was okay even though I know it's not my job.

I pick up Kendal bridal style and carry her out of the car and up to my house. The driver helps me into the house and says a quick "goodnight". I flash him a soft smile and close the door behind me before I carry Kendal upstairs to my room.

She doesn't stir one bit until I enter my room due to me slamming the door a little too loud. "Shit." I murmur under my breath.

"I'm tired." She slurs. "I know. How about you change into comfortable clothes." I say quickly as I set her down on my expensive bed as I grab a shirt from my dresser for her.

I turn back around to see her already shimmying her dress down her long soft legs. "Jesus." I say looking away quickly. My plan was to leave while she changed but apparently that wasn't hers.

"Don't act like you don likes it." She slurs with a small hiccup. I hand her my shirt with a sigh. She takes it and sloppily slips it up over her head and plops back down on my bed.

"Alright let's get you to bed." I say quickly as I help her climb up the bed and under the covers. She rests her head on a pillow and watches me pull the blankets on top of her.

"You're so sweet." She says quietly. It makes me chuckle slightly as I go to stand up straight but she stops me by grabbing my wrist and looking at me with a serious gaze. "I mean it. I wish it was you." She hiccups. My eyebrows furrow at the small statement.

"I was what?" I ask quickly. "I wish you were the one I fell in love with. I always liked you." She says as her eyes begin to flutter closed. I stand up straight and this time she doesn't stop me.

She drifts to sleep as my mind roams. She's still in love with Ethan and a part of me is jealous that she is. He left her why is she still in love with him? But then again why would she love me? I ruined her wedding.

I lean over and push her hair out of her face with a sigh. She looked so peaceful. She will regret all of this tomorrow but I'll be here to help. I always will be.

—————————————
The next morning

Kendal

I wake up with my head pounding and I let out a low groan. "Jesus." I mutter to myself as I sit up.

"I have some Advil for you." A familiar voice rips through the room, making me jump slightly. "Fuck. You scared me." I sigh as I grip my chest. Grayson chuckles as he hands me a glass of water and a couple of pills. "Thank you." I say quietly as I take them from him.

He watches me closely as I set the glass on his night stand. I take in my appearance and let out a small sigh.

"So you saw me in my underwear?" I blurt. It was probably the wrong thing to ask but I was almost dying to know. "Uh yeah. I went to leave but you were too quick to take your dress off." He chuckles. "That's so embarrassing." I say as I face palm.

He sets on the bed next to me and I wonder just how bad I embarrassed myself last night. I was probably acting like a complete fool.

"I'm sorry if I snored." I chuckle. "I Uh slept in one of my guest rooms." He says quickly as he looks down at his lap. "Oh." I say quickly as I rip my gaze away from his.

"Are you okay?" He blurts. I'm confused by the question. It was so random. "You got really drunk last night and you seemed like you were trying to forget something." He says quickly.

"I-i don't know. I just feel so alone." I say honestly. He doesn't say anything he just listens. "I ruined things with Ethan and he left and now everyone hates me. I'm shunned in the city. Everyone hates me." I ramble as I burry my face in my hands. I feel tears coming and I don't think I can stop them. I'm not strong enough anymore. They spill from my eyes as Grayson gets closer. He wraps his arms around me as I bury my face in his shirt and sob.

"I don't hate you." He murmurs into my hair. The statement helps. I know that I'm not completely alone.

"None of this is your fault. It's all mine and I'm sorry. I never wanted you to feel like this." He says as he rubs small circles on my back.

I look up at him and take in his sincere face. He was so full of sympathy it made me feel a little more at ease.

He reached up and wiped my tears from my cheeks. I sniffled as I sat up a little straighter. His hand still didn't leave my back.

"You don't deserve to feel like this." He says quietly as his other hand stays on my cheek. His touch is so gentle and it almost puts me to sleep.

"This is all my fault. I'm so sorry." He says with pure sadness written all over his face. "All I want is for you to be happy." He adds barely above a whisper.

My heart races as I look at him. I know he means every word. I've never seen a look so sincere.

"You're not alone. I'm right here. I always will be." He says quickly. I don't know what to say. This all leaves me speechless.

He glances down at my lips and I can't help but look at his. My breath hitches slightly before I lean in a crash my lips with his.

In the moment it seemed as if it was the only thing I could do. It seemed appropriate due to everything he was making me feel.

Word count 1066
I low key loved this chapter so don't come for me.