IV

Kendal

As I make my way towards Grayson's door with his coffee in hand Florence flashes me a soft sympathetic smile. Everyone in the fucking world knows I fucked up and it makes me feel alone. It makes me feel like the whole entire world is against me.

I drop my purse on my my desk before I continue to his office. I lightly knock and wait for his answer. As soon as he answers I open the door slowly. I don't want to walk in on anything.

I peak my head in and he flashes me a bold grin as if telling me to come in. I hesitantly walk towards his desk and set his coffee down. His eyes seem to burn holes into me like they always do.

"Thanks." He smiles brightly. His smile has always been one to light up a room and I have always admired it.

"You're welcome." I mutter while flashing him a half assed smile. He lets out a sigh as he drops his pen on to his desk. I can tell he's frustrated. Probably with this whole situation like I am.

"What's wrong?" He ask boldly. The question baffles me. "What do you mean what's wrong?!" I ask loudly. He's taken back by my volume but I don't care. He shouldn't have asked such a dumb question.

"The man I was supposed to marry left and I have no clue where he is and not to mention it was your fault." I say, getting everything off my chest. It feels good to sit here and yell at him.

His jaw clenches at my statement but he remains quiet as he looks down at his hands that are folded over his lap. My chest heaves up and down as I wait for his response.

"I've told you I was sorry." Is all he says. "I don't think that's good enough." I say honestly.

"I know. I just couldn't help it." He murmurs. His quiet demeanor makes me calm down a bit.  In a way I almost feel bad for him. All he wanted was for me to know that he loved me.

"Do you know where he is?" I blurt. I gulp as I wait for his answer. I just want to know where Ethan is. Maybe then I'll feel a little better knowing that he's okay.

He shakes his head no and it makes all the hope I had leave my body. His twin brother doesn't even know where he's at.

"Do you think he'd really tell me considering I kissed the girl he was supposed to marry?" He scoffs. I guess he's right but I'm desperate for an answer to something.

"Listen, I know it's hard but you have to relax. He'll come back." He says as he takes in my sad state. "It's partially my fault." I murmur as I look down at my hands.

This causes Grayson to jump out of his seat. "No it's not. We both know it's mine." He says quickly as he walks towards me.

"I let you kiss me." I say. It's true. I did and I feel awful about it. I'd be lying though if I said I didn't enjoy it.

He lets out a sigh as he looks up at the ceiling and then back at me. "How about we go and have fun tonight? I feel like we both could use some fun." He grins. My eyebrows furrow.

"I know a good club." He says wiggling his eyebrows. I can't help but let out a small laugh.

The idea of alcohol and music appeals to me for once. Usually I'm a home body.

"What time are you wanting to go?" I ask with a scrunched up face. "I'll be at your apartment at 10." He shrugs. I just nod. I don't know why I'm agreeing to this but something tells me it'll be fun.

"So I'll see you tonight?" He ask with raised eyebrows. "Yes." I say rolling my eyes before I turn to leave his office.

"Wear something hot!" He shouts after me. "Yeah yeah." I say, rolling my eyes yet again.

——————————

"You're going where?" Racheal ask with wide eyes as I hustle around the small bathroom to apply my makeup. "A club." I shrug as if it's no big deal.

She lets out a sigh because she knows this is so out of character for me. "With who?" She ask with wide eyes again. "Grayson." I say yet again.

"Jesus Christ." She murmurs. "Hey. It's just to take my mind off some things and have some fun." I say in hopes of making her feel at ease.

She doesn't say anything and it causes me to sigh in slight annoyance. "Do I look good?" I ask quickly as I turn towards her. Her eyes rake up and down my body as she takes in my dress. A dress I haven't worn before.

"You look hot but that's not the point

"You look hot but that's not the point." She says sternly. It makes me chuckle slightly even though I know she's completely serious.

"Just don't do anything stupid okay?" She says with concern written all over her face. "Who cares? Nothing can make this situation any worse." I shrug as I take in my face and check my makeup.

She rolls her eyes at me but I know she thinks I'm right. She'd be crazy not to. This whole situation is beyond repair.

"I gotta go." I say quickly as I hear a horn from outside. She moves out of the way as I rush and grab my clutch and head towards the door. "I'm serious! Don't do anything stupid!" I hear her shout before I slam the door shut behind me. In a way her concern worries me but I shouldn't worry.

"Nothing stupid." I repeat to myself as I walk through the halls of the apartment building. "Just simple fun." I reassure myself. Nothing bad can happen if I just control myself.

Word count 1000
This sucks. I'm sorry.