Thirty-Eight

As Tom shot his film and I stayed home with Annabelle, I kept seeing people giving their input on what I should be doing when it came to parenting. I was getting so tired of it, and everyone in my life could tell. As I sat breastfeeding Annabelle, I noticed that I was getting a Facetime call from Lesley. "Hey there, beeg."

"Hi, leetle. How are you?" She gave me a gentle smile, and I shrugged.

"Ehh. I'm tired of everyone telling me what I should do as a mother." I sighed a bit, and I saw her pout. 

"Don't listen to them. I think you're doing an absolutely incredible job."

"You don't think I'm holding her wrong or not giving her enough tummy time?" She shook her head. 

"Not at all. All of the people judging your parenting have no idea how much passion you have for being a mother. I can tell you love her to pieces and you're doing what you think is best. Don't let people make you feel like an inferior mother, because you're not." I smiled as a tear streamed down my cheek, but I had no free hands to wipe it.

"Thank you, Lesley." I grinned, and she smiled softly. 

"Of course. You're doing incredible." At that, Annabelle decided she was finished, and I began burping her. "She's as gorgeous as always, leetle. I'm so happy to see that you are doing better as a family after her first two months."

"We are. And I'm so, so happy about it." 

"That's incredible to hear. Are you excited about the wedding?" Our wedding was now about three months away, and it was scheduled for about three weeks after the first season of Eternally Hunted ended.

"I'm so excited, Lesley. I know some people think there's not much of a difference between a relationship and a marriage apart from legal terms, but I've always wanted to be married to my soulmate."

"I'm so glad to hear that, leetle. I always want what's best for you, and knowing that you're getting married makes me so happy as your big."

"I love you so much, Lesley. And as proud of me as you are, I'm equally as proud of you."

"Grace, I'm spending long hours on my feet and trying to comfort sick people on a daily basis, and you're making multi-million dollar films. Come on." Lesley had become a nurse after she graduated with her BSN, and I couldn't be prouder.

"I'm serious! You're doing what you love and making people feel better. I'm so proud of you for that."

"Thank you, love." At that, I could hear her name being called from somewhere in the hospital she was at. "Hey, I gotta go. Give her a kiss for me, okay?"

"Of course, love." After we hung up, I noticed that I got a text from Tom. It was a silly selfie accompanied by a sweet sentiment.

I miss my girls and hope
this makes both of your
days better.

😂 I'm marrying such
a fucking loser.

Damn, love you too.

😘 this is going on
Instagram, I hope you
realize that

Did as soon as I sent
it. Do your worst, babe.

I smiled as soon as I took a screenshot of the picture. 

5

5.6m likes 100k comments

fullofgrace "I miss my girls and hope this makes both of your days better." He may be an idiot, but he's my idiot and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.

Tagged: tomholland2013

tomholland2013 😘💘 

ryan.al his hair looks stupid

tomholland2013 @ryan.al 🖕

user1 WOW I WISH I'D GET ADORABLY SILLY SELFIES LIKE THIS TO CHEER ME UP

user2 get off the internet and spend time with your child

lesleynaks @user2 please let her do whatever she wants when it comes to being a mother, because she's fucking amazing at it. I know full well she's holding her at this very moment

fullofgrace @tomholland2013 I love you baby  💘

fullofgrace @lesleynaks thank you beeg i love you

When Tom came home that night, I was holding Annabelle on the couch as I watched The Impossible. "Hello there, darling."

"Hi there, baby." I grinned as he joined us, immediately pulling me into his arms. 

"Do you watch my films when you miss me?"

"I did it in college all the time." I smiled, and he chuckled gently. "You were adorable when you were younger, by the way."

"Thank you, darling." He chuckled, pulling me close as I held Annabelle. "When do you go back to work?"

"Next week." He nodded gently. "I had another playpen and swing shipped to the set so Steph had a place to keep Annabelle entertained while I was actually shooting."

"Do you miss it?"

"Oh, definitely, but this has been a wonderful reason to take a break from it." He nodded with a smile, and I grinned softly. "I'm excited to go back, though."

"I bet." I grinned softly as I pressed a kiss to his cheek. 

"Do we wanna talk to her now?" He smiled and nodded, and I pulled out my phone and made a call and put my phone on speaker. This was something we had wanted to do together.

"Hey there, beeg!" Beth's voice immediately made me smile, as it always did.

"Hi, leetle!" Tom grinned as he responded, and I chuckled gently. "Listen, love, there's been a slight change in plans to the wedding party walking in during the ceremony."

"Oh? Am I not with Harry, Sam, and Paddy?"

"No, we think the three of them can take control of themselves." 

"So I'm alone then?"

"No. And you're not holding a bouquet anymore." I grinned, hoping she would understand what we were asking her to do.

"What do you--wait. Seriously?!" I could hear the smile in her voice, and I smiled widely.

"Yes. We want you to hold Annabelle so she can be our flower girl." I heard her squeal, and that caused Annabelle to look at the phone with a confused expression. I chuckled as I kissed my baby girl's head softly. "What do you say, leetle?"

"Of course! I'd love to!" After a casual conversation, I noticed Annabelle yawning.

"Hey love, we gotta go put Annabelle to bed. Talk to you later, okay?" After we hung up, Tom smiled as we stood.

"I can put her down for the night if you want." I smiled and nodded as he took her carefully, kissing his cheek before heading to our bedroom and slipping into a nicer bra and panty set. As he came into our room, he raised an eyebrow playfully. "Well, what's this?"

"As stupid as that selfie was, it was also really sexy." He smirked at that, pulling me into his arms and pinning me to the wall gently.

"Just as I hoped."

Something big is coming soon! Let me know your thoughts ;-)!