Fifty-One

We looked at each other with wide eyes, and I swore that I could see the color drain from Tom's face. "Oh my God. Do we need to fly over there, Nikki?"

"Oh, heavens no! We know what happened, and by the time you guys would get here, everything will be settled and we'll most likely be out. I just wanted to make sure you knew and ask you a question."

"Mum, what happened?"

"Well, we were all out on the balcony for some family time. At one point, your father noticed a bee's nest, and as soon as we started heading inside, she was stung. She appears to be allergic to it, as she turned red and started swelling up like a balloon." I took a deep breath, taking his hand as we listened. "They've given her some antihistamines and other treatments for an allergy, but the doctors would like to know if you want them to test her for other common allergies at this moment in time."

"Darling?" Tom raised an eyebrow as he looked at me, shrugging softly. I bit my lip, and he rubbed my hand softly. He was silently telling me that he was okay with whatever I decided, but I could see the fear in his eyes of this happening again.

"Go ahead and have them test her. Keep us updated, okay?"

"Of course. Now, enjoy your honeymoon, you two."

"Thank you, mum. We love you." After our goodbyes were said and the call ended, I sighed gently. "Grace, this whole trip is about us. It's okay that we're not with her for this."

"How'd you know that's what I was thinking?"

"My husband superpower." I chuckled at that, and he kept playing with my fingers. "I promise that this is okay. My parents are with her and are keeping an eye on her, and they'll keep us updated."

"Are you sure this is okay?"

"Positive." I smiled lightly as he kissed my hand gently. "I love you, darling."

"I love you too, baby."

After our dinner, we made our way to the park we went to on that fateful night of our first official date. We sat down on the exact same bench, and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Too bad they're not doing fireworks this time of year. Then it'd be an exact recreation." I chuckled at that, and he smiled at me. "Are you feeling better, darling?"

"Yeah, kinda." He nodded, and soon his phone vibrated. When he pulled it out, he smiled. 

"My mum sent an update." True to her word, Nikki had texted a picture of Annabelle, who was giving her little baby smile as she held her favorite blanket and laid in her swing in their living room.

After a long night of tests,
she's back home and content.
Everything came back negative,
so the only allergy is bee stings.
She loves her mummy and
daddy very much and hopes
they enjoy their honeymoon 
😘

"Thank God she's okay," I whispered, and he nodded as he pulled me close.

"She's okay." He pressed a kiss to my temple, and I leaned against him. "Our family is perfect and happy, and as soon as we get home, we're going to enjoy the fuck out of family cuddles."

"That we are, baby." He smiled, high-fiving me as I held my hand out for one.

The next morning, Tom had insisted on making me breakfast. I smiled as I snapped a picture of him as he was distracted, sending it to him. "Damn, darling. This is a great picture."

"I mean, the subject is pretty great too." He chuckled at that.

" He chuckled at that

7.8m likes 100k comments

tomholland2013 Damn my wife is such a great photographer

Tagged: fullofgrace

user1 HOT DAMN

user2 🔥🔥🔥🔥😍😍😍😍

user3 WOWOWOW 

user4 THOMAS YOU CANNOT FREAK US OUT LIKE THIS

fullofgrace Damn my husband is such a thirst trap

tomholland2013 @fullofgrace darling we're in the same condo you can just say that to my face

user5 ^^ THIS IS WHY WE LOVE YOU GUYS

I smiled as I set my phone down, grinning as I pulled my hair up into a ponytail. "Did you decide on something for breakfast?"

"I think I'm gonna try to make waffles again today." I smiled. The last time he tried that, it took us ten minutes to clean up and then we ended up in a diner.

"Want any help?"

"No. I'd like to do this on my own." I smiled and nodded as he began gathering everything. I stood, going and wrapping my arms around him from behind.

"Hey, Tom?" I whispered as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yes, my darling?"

"You're such a fucking thirst trap." I chuckled, and it was as if I could feel him roll his eyes.

"You're not complaining, are you?"

"Not at all." I chuckled again, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Maybe after breakfast, we could have a little fun."

"I quite like the sound of that." He smiled, turning his head back and kissing my cheek. "I'm so glad to see you're feeling better after last night."

"I am." I grinned softly. "I love you, Tom."

"I love you too, Grace." He grinned as he poured some waffle mix into the waffle iron, turning around in my arms. He pressed his lips to mine, and I smiled softly into our kiss.

When we pulled away, he smiled up at me. "I hope I do your waffles justice, my darling."

"I'm sure you will, baby." I smiled, and the waffle maker buzzed to let him know the waffle was ready, and I grinned. 

"Get ready to have your mind blown, darling." I smiled as he prepared another waffle, pulling me close as we waited.

"I'm fully prepared for that, love." I smiled, pressing a kiss to his nose. He grinned softly.

As I finished my waffle, he looked at me nervously. "So?"

"It was delicious, love. I'm so proud of you." I smiled, and he gave me a gentle grin. "Now, about what we mentioned earlier..."

"Of course, love." He chuckled as we stood, making our way to the shared bedroom. "How do we wanna do this today?"

"I think we should just let our feelings take us wherever we want to." I smiled, and he grinned.

"We can definitely do that."

I told you guys not to hate me :-). Let me know your thoughts!