Octavia and Clarissa were the last ones, so they closed up the gate. Next thing, Clary took the position next to Bellamy on the wall, her gun scanning for any grounders.

"Where are they? Why aren't they attacking?"

"Anything?" Clarke's voice shouted to them.

"No, there is no sign of them." Clarissa told her.

"Because maybe we're doing exactly what they wanted us to!"

"What were we even supposed to do, Clarke?" She replied to her sister, "We were unprotected out there, we lost one of our people!"

"I know that, Clary." Clarke soften her voice, "But we have advantages too. We have inside knowledge. Lincoln said the Scout's would be the first to get here."

Octavia approached them, "If it is just Scouts we can fight our way out. That's what Lincoln would do."

Bellamy jumped down, refusing his sister's idea right away, "We are done doing what that grounder would do. We tried that and now Drew is dead. You want to be next?"

"That grounder saved our lifes!" Finn intervened, "I agree with Octavia. For all we know there is one Scout out there."

"One Scout with insanely good aim." Jasper snapped.

"You are being really naïve if you think there is only one." Clarissa spoke up, "Come on, we know better than that. They are here."

"No," Octavia grabbed her best friend by her shoulders, looking right into her green eyes, "we can still do this, Clary. Trust me on this, ok?"

She looked over to Clarke first, then to Bellamy. Her head was spinning, everyone always seemed to be counting on her. But Clarissa was just as clueless as everyone else.

"Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?" Bellamy called out for her decision. His tone showed that he knew which want she wanted, Clarissa had always showed him that she wanted to fight. "What is your call, Sunshine?"

That surprised Clary, the fact that he was actually asking. It surprised her the trust Bellamy was putting on her. It showed, for the first time, that he wasn't treating her like some little girl, he was trusting her with everything she had learned down on the ground. Most of those things Clary had learned with him, and she cherished each one. Bellamy had spoken up his point of view, and he was waiting for hers so they could reach a decision together.

"We are not running anymore." Clarissa's green eyes turned darker, "We're fighting."

"Clary," Clarke grabbed her arm worriedly, "what are you doing?"

"You said it yourself, Clarke. I wanted to stay and fight, and now we are."

"It's suicide!" Finn shouted at her, "You can't be serious!"

"If you want to go, you can go." She told him, surprising everyone around her, especially Finn until they heard her next words, "But I would really like you to live, Finn."

Finn knew Clarissa loved him, and he loved her just as much. And he feared the ability she had to turn her heart into ice but that was why she was so strong. Finn also knew that inside she was shaking and terrified, and he also knew that she hand't asked for that, but everyone was following her lead now, and Finn didn't always like her decisions but he had to live with them.

"Ok, this is it!" Bellamy called everyone's attention, "Kill them before they kill us. Gunners, to your posts! Use the tunnel to get in and out. From now on, the gates stays close."

Octavia rushed by them, and Clarissa knew she wanted to go fight. The determination on her face, she was familiar with it. She had a lot of that herself.