XI. Skai Kru Kwin

CHAPTER 1X11

XI. Skai Kru Kwin

"Have you wondered... it can all be a trap?" Clarke asked while walking through the forest.

"Yes, when I tried to stop you." Clary ironized, "I will tell you all about how right I was when we get back home, if we get back home at all..."

Finn faced at her in annoyance, "You're our best hope so... be our hope."

Finn moaned in pain suddenly and stopped walking, leaning over his stomach. Clarke rushed to him, worried. He allowed her to see the wound; and Clarissa just looked up at the sky, away from the two lovebirds, trying to see if she could still spot the Ark, and smiled when she did.

"I would thank a little light but I don't want to be the candle."

"Let's keep going." Clarke rolled her eyes at her sister's remark.

"Are you better?" Clarissa looked at Finn in concern.

"Great."

"You're putting a lot of hope in a guy who wounded both of us." She confessed, "Don't you think that's a bit risky?"

Clarissa's best friend couldn't help but see the similarities between Bellamy Blake's speeches and her words now. She was picking up his manners, his words, his morals. What he didn't understand was that Clary and Bellamy shared a connection now that allowed them to understand each other, to understand what they have to do to keep everyone alive.

"And you're sounding a lot like Bellamy." Finn accused.

"I'm just trying to keep us all alive." Clarissa sighed, repeating the words like it was some kind of mantra, like it would explain every single thing she did, "I'm doing what I think it is right for our people."

"We all are, Clary." Clarke replied with bitterness.

So she was left behind alone, and taking advantage of that, she grabbed a few nuts from her pocket and dropped them on the ground, "I'm sorry."

. . .

When they got to the bridge, they were tired. It could have been only from the walk, but Clarissa knew her problem was also because of the drinks she had, now she was paying the price for having too much fun. She knew it would come back to haunt her, later.

Octavia was waiting for them and when Clarissa's eyes spotted her, she rushed to the raiven – haired girl, and hugged her tight.

"Thanks for doing this, Clary."

"So this is how you set up the meeting... you helped him escape didn't you?" Clarke accused.

"I trust him ok, Clarke?" Octavia replied.

"I'm hearing that a lot." Her sister rolled her eyes once again that day, sighing loudly.

"Hey," Clary intervened, "we all have to trust each other, that's the only way we're gonna pull this off."

"Someone is coming!" Finn shouted, calling their attention.

It was the grounder, Lincoln. He ran to Octavia and pulled her in for a hug. Clarke stepped back but Finn held her hand, keeping her there; it wasn't time to give up now. And Clary's heart was pounding, maybe with fear or perhaps with was hope.

More grounders rushed out of the woods, riding beautiful horses, and a huge smile crossed Clarissa's face, fear or hope it didn't matter, any of it, on that simple second of pure beauty.