XIX. Run And Live

CHAPTER 1X19

XIX. Run And Live

Clarissa was gathering her stuff, she couldn't take much. Her people would need the ammo and the supplies to survive in case she didn't come back. But she also couldn't abandon Finn and Clarke, and now Monty. They were her people too, maybe a bit more than that.

"All gunners! We got movement outside the south wall!"

That caught Clary's attention immediately, and she reached for the gun on her back. She was ready to go upfront, when Harper stopped her.

"We go first." And the blondish girl signalized to the guy on the other side.

Clarissa didn't fight against it, but it made her feel weak. She knew, deep down, Harper was just looking out for her, seeing she had been kidnapped not even twenty four hours ago, but Clary wanted to fight. She needed to fight.

She felt movement behind her, and she knew Bellamy, Jasper and Octavia had exited the dropship. Clarissa didn't take her eyes from the gate tho or her gun, she was ready to shoot.

"Wait! Hold your fire!" The guy on the top of the improvised stairs shouted, "Clarke and Finn! Open the gate!"

Clarissa felt the gun fall down her hands, the weight she had been carrying on her shoulders relieving a bit too. She had been carrying their deaths burden since running away from the grounders' camp, she realized now – but they were alive.

As soon as Clarissa's eyes caught the sight of Clarke's blonde hair, she ran to her sister.

Clarke hadn't really processed what was happening, when two arms wrapped around her, but then a sigh of relief left her lips. It was Clarissa, she thought her sister was dead.

When they pulled away, Finn pulled his best friend in for a hug too.

"What happened?" Clarke questioned, "How did you get here?"

"I escaped." Clary felt the guilt building up on her chest, "I am so sorry, I was about to go back for you! I thought you were dead... I just... I had to –."

"Hey, it's ok. We're fine. You did what you had to do, Clary."

She liked to think so too.

Bellamy approached them now, Octavia following close behind.

Octavia put a hand discreetly on Clarissa's shoulder, and the blonde wasn't sure if Octavia was sorry because of what she had to go through to escape, or about what her brother had done. Either way, it was nice of her.

"What happened?" Clarke asked, confused, "We heard an explosion."

"Yeah, about that..." Clarissa avoided visual contact with Bellamy, "Murphy lost it."

"Hey!" Jasper rushed to Clarke, hugging her quickly, only to pull away even faster, "Where is Monty?"

She searched for an answer on her sister's green eyes, but Clary only looked away. Clarke was confused, but could see by Clarissa's reaction that things were bad, very bad. And that it was taking every bit of strength that her sister had not to break down right there.

"Monty's gone?"

Jasper smile fell apart, his mind going to a dark place.

"Guys, we need to leave, now." Finn warned, "All of us. There's an army of grounders, unlike anything we've ever seen, coming for us right now. We need to pack what we can and run."