"There is no way we are going to let it be a rubbish project." Louis added.  

"Oh very nice. That is wonderful that it is your home country, Niall. It'll help to have some extra knowledge." my Mum answered.

I looked at Niall. He was ready.

"Well, Mrs. Holden, I was thinking that over November break, Caroline, Louis and myself could go and visit my relatives in Ireland. They already said they would love to take us in for the week." he began.  

"I think that would be a great experience for you all. A great way to work on your project." she said.  

"Really Mum? I can go?" I said.  

"Oh I think it would be great learning. And if your staying with Niall's relatives then I am fine with it." she said.

Niall gave my leg a squeeze. We had to stretch the truth a bit so that we could stay in the cottage, just the three of us. But it was just a little lie. It wasn't going to matter in the long run. Just three friends hanging around in a cottage. That's all.

"Thank you so much Mum! This is going to be a great project." I said to her.

She smiled at us. And stood up to leave the room.

"Thank you Mrs. Holden. You won't regret this decision." Niall said.  

"You really are very wonderful for letting Care go with us Mrs. Holden." Louis added.

She laughed and starting walking out, but not before she added,

"You can call me Katherine. Really, I don't mind."

And then she left. If my Mum didn't mind being called Katherine by my friends she barely knows, then this was great.

"Jesus Niall. You really must have made a good impression on her. You get a hug this morning and now you can call my Mum, Katherine? How do you do it?" I asked him giving him a nudge.  

"I'm good with people." he answered smugly.

Then he flashed me that crooked, cheeky smile. His eyes sparkling. Adorable. This moment he looked so content. I smiled back at him.

"We better get going. We have a long day ahead of us." Louis said breaking me from my thoughts.  

"I agree." Niall said.  

"I'll drive." Louis said.  

"Alright. Let me just grab my glasses." I said.

Niall picked them up off the counter behind him and put them into his pocket.

"Can I have them?" I asked slightly confused.  

"Don't put them on yet. You don't need to hide behind them." he said to me.  

"Just give them here." I said back to him.  

"Later." Niall said.

We walked out to Louis' car and climbed in. He put on some of The Script and just drive away.

The day went too slowly. Yet much too fast at the same time. The bell had rang for the ending of the school day.

Now all I was focused on was Josh's party.

I grabbed my coat out of my locker, and waited for Zayn.

"You walking today?" I asked him when he approached.  

"Where's your car?" he asked.  

"Lou brought me today."  

"Well let's get going. You have to get all dolled up for tonight don't you?" he jokingly said to me. "Being the girly girl you are."