I hate it when they all turn around and then they stare you down as the teacher asks why you're late.

I hesitate to knock on the door but when I finally do it opens straight away.

As I entered my classroom everyone and I mean everyone turned their heads towards me.

Great.

"Ehem! Everyone looking here please!" Mr Bob screeched. I don't think there ever was a time where he didn't screech. Oh and yes his name really is Mr Bob. I heard his first name was Bob too?

Bob Bob.

So I guess he never knows whether people are calling him by his first name or second... That's just weird.

"Mr- err I mean Miss Dyer why are you late" Are you serious. What is it with people calling me Mr?

I make my way to the front keeping my head down as I give Mr Bob the note and watch him take off his glasses to read it.

Once he read it, which took nearly forever, he told me to take a seat.

As I looked around the class all the seats were taken except for the one next to the guy with his face down on the desk. He had a black hoodie covering his head and thinking about it, that hoodie was freakishly similar to mine. His head rested on his arms and he didn't move at all, even when I came and sat down next to him.

The guy was so motionless I wouldn't have a hard time believing he wasn't alive. I mean it'll be pretty sad to die in school. Especially with hearing Mr. Bobs voice as the last words you remember.

But I'm pretty sure he's not dead. Hopefully.

I wasn't really the social type and plus he wasn't even looking so I didn't bother greeting him. Instead I sat down and began looking through my bag to check that I brought the correct equipment and text books from home.

Luckily, I always prepare my bag the night before so I'm always on top of things.

I should be putting these in my locker though...

All of a sudden, the guy next to me moved a little. It scared me because I forgot that there was anyone here in the first place. Well at least now I can confirm that he is still alive.

Just to check on him and inform him that the lesson was about to finish I slightly poked his arm but then I thought of how rude that was and spoke up.

"Excuse me?" I asked loudly enough for it not to be deemed as a whisper.

There was no movement for a few seconds until the guy pulled his hood down and looked up.

My breath hitched. It was him! What is he doing here? He goes to this school? Wait he goes to school?

Hunter?

I decided to voice my thoughts.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered a little harshly and startled.

He just stared at me blankly and slowly said, "I'm hunting elephants." He deadpanned as he turns his head to the front and rubs his chin a little.

I rolled my eyes.

"Wait, but you're too old to go to school" His eyebrows shot up looking back at me and he managed to look approachable without smiling.

"How old do you think I am?" He whispered while moving closer to me. My heartbeat increased its speed out of no where but I managed to calm it down.

"25" I said automatically. His eyes crinkled in the corners as he attempted to smile. It wasn't really a smile. I figured he doesn't do those but at least I can tell he is amused by me.

"I meant 20 but obviously you're not, because you're..."

"18" he finished off for me turning back around.

"Right." I said a little hesitantly as I skim through my journal looking at what lesson I have next and whether I had any homework due.

The lesson proceeded in silence and I prayed Hunter wasn't lying about going to school here, what if he turned out to be a crazy stalker?

Just as the bell rang. I got up from my seat and Hunter did too as I was about to walk away I stopped and turned around with a strange feeling.

I saw that Hunter had a confused expression on his face as he stood there staring at me... Well at my hoodie.

I looked down at my hoodie whilst he looked down at his and then I looked at him as he looked back up at me It was the same. The exact same plain black hoodie. He was also wearing black jeans so together we looked like performers in the school play.

I looked up to his face, for a moment his story grey eyes blinded me but then I smiled a little before walking away.

****

Maia Mitchell playing Anastasia, pic on the side -------

Let us know what you think of Hunter!

Vote, comment and follow!