"You know, this past week my heart was aching every moment to just look at you once. I don't know why but seeing you in pain kills me. That day when you were fighting that guy, I felt so useless and pathetic that I can't even protect myself let alone you".

"I wanted to kill that guy for hurting you, I was feeling this surge of energy that I didn't even find it weird how a human changed into some animal. But I felt so proud of you at the same time, that I know this girl who's so strong that she can fight her own battles and doesn't need anyone to save her".

I held her hand in my own and put my head down on her bed. I kept talking to her, telling her everything I wanted to say since the first day I saw her. I was really tired and very soon sleep consumed me.

I woke up when I felt her hand move. When I looked at her, she was already looking at me. I smiled softly at her. I saw it was seven in the evening. She looked at me like she was confused. I got up and locked the door of her room so that no body walks in on us.

Her eyes slightly widened when she saw what I did. A slight chuckle left my throat, she looks so cute right now. I helped her sit and gave her some water to drink. She was still looking at me like she did not understand what was happening.

I sat next to her on her bed. "Hey Amore" I said and tucked her hair clear from her face. I love these sparks I feel every time I come in contact with her skin. "How are you feeling right now" I asked her.

"Am I dreaming" she asked innocently. I chuckled "I don't know, what do you think". She lifted her hand and poked my shoulder as if testing if I was real. I bit my lip trying to stop myself for laughing at her cuteness.

"You feel real" she said. I smiled "then it's not a dream, maybe". "But I thought I made you leave and you said you won't ever see me again" she said. I could feel the pain in her voice and tears were filling her beautiful eyes.

I cupped her cheek and grazed it with my thumb "maybe I decided to never leave, no matter how much you say it". She leaned into my touch and tears started falling from her eyes. "You should not have, it's not good for you" she sobbed.

I wiped her tears "shh, it's okay. We'll talk about all this when you're completely fine". She tried to say something but I put my finger on her lip to stop her. Her breath hitched slightly from the contact. Her lips are so soft, I wish I could just kiss her.

I took in a deep breath to clear my thoughts. I said "I think I should call Becky; she can see if you need anything". She grabbed my hand and said "please no". "I can't face her right now; I was so rude to her before" she whispered.

"Hey it's okay, she'll understand" I said. "No, they don't, they don't. I told her; I can't let it happen again. I can't take the risk. They don't understand" she kept on muttering things like that. "Hey, look at me" she looked in my eyes, I could see so much pain in her eyes that it broke my heart.

"Listen to me, everything will be okay. Everything will be fine, okay" I whispered. "You don't understand, you don't know anything. I can't let it happen, please understand" she kept saying this. I put my finger on her lips to stop her.

She looked at me with teary eyes. I could not stop myself at this point. I leaned in and kissed her forehead, softly kissed both of her cheeks, the corner of her mouth. She closed her eyes and her breathing turned heavy.

I wanted to kiss her lips so bad right now but I somehow gathered the strength to stop myself. She opened her eyes to look at me, her pupils were dilated and I could see a hint of red in her eyes. "I'm not leaving no matter what, okay" I said.

She nodded her head as if she could not utter anything. I smiled at her, "you're so beautiful Amore" and a slight blush crept on her cheeks. I find it so funny, a girl who literally ripped apart a bear sized animal blushes at such a slight compliment.

"Come on now, lie down you need to rest a lot and get better very fast" I said. I helped her lie down and covered her with blanket. I kissed her forehead and she closed her eyes. I sat next to her until her breathing was even and I knew she was asleep.

I looked at her for one more moment because it never feels enough. Finally, I decided to go downstairs and update her family. Liam and Rebecca were sitting on the dining table. They both looked so lost right now.

I cleared my throat to get their attention. They both quickly got up turned to me, "did she wake up, is she okay" her brother asked me. I said "yes she did but she's asleep now". "Did she get angry about you being here" Rebecca asked me worriedly.

"No, she didn't but she kept on saying how we're not understanding and how she can't let it happen again" I told her. When they did not say anything, I asked "what's she talking about, what can't happen again".

They both shared a look and Liam said, "an attack, like the one happened with you guys". I had so many questions but I did not ask because I know they won't tell me and now even I want to hear it from Amore herself.

"It's late I think I should leave now" I said. Rebecca nodded "yes you need to rest as well". "Can I come back in the morning to see her, if you guys don't mind" I asked. She smiled sadly at me "you can come whenever you want". I nodded and thanked them.

I said goodbye andleft. I could not stop thinking about her, even for a second. Everything thathappened today has left me so confused, I want answers as soon as possible. Butthinking about those few peaceful moments with her helped me to calm down andhave a proper sleep.

...........................................

The Damned Princessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें