Tony Stark: Stay With Me

August 2018

Title: Stay With Me

Character: Tony Stark

Warnings: none! just some cutesy one night stand stuff

Spoilers: nope!

I'm in desperate need of requests! Just comment on the a/n which character's/plots you want to see! All my love,
syd
————————————————————

A dry throat and silk sheets were there to greet you when you woke up. Along with a miserable headache and an unnatural warmth to your body from the person cuddling into your back.

Wait.

A person? You rubbed your eyes to make sure you weren't seeing things, but sure enough there was a dark-haired man with his arms possessively wrapped around your waist. When did he get here?

With maximum concentration (and an even worse headache) you managed to freeze him where he laid next to you. At least, until you got your bearings. Scanning your surroundings, you soon realized that this man wasn't the one out of place in this scenario. You were.

One of the walls was entirely made of glass, giving you a great view of New York City. The rest were a lavish dark grey which perfectly contrasted to the silky white sheets that barely covered your semi-naked body.

You clenched your eyes as you tried to think back to the events of yesterday. Yesterday.

Oh, right. You had been sent off on a mission with a third of the Avengers to the Savage Lands, where it was said they were smuggling narcotics. Who sent you? Yes, right, S.H.I.E.L.D. They had wanted you to babysit the three most immature Avengers while they were on the mission.

Clint Barton who was the Hawkeye, along with Tony Stark (Iron Man) and Thor (Thor) had come to the helicarrier to pick you up in one of their fancy quinjets. You settled into the passenger seat, ready for the long flight to the Savage Lands, which ran rampant with extinct animals.

But what happened after? Surely there was a reason that you were half-naked and brutally hungover in some billionaires apartment. Thinking back, you recalled that you guys had successfully dealt with the smugglers and turned them in to S.H.I.E.L.D, before Tony proposed to go out for drinks.

So that means...you pushed yourself out of his arms and carefully moved his face. Even though he was asleep and suspended in animation, it was unmistakably Tony Stark.

Oh.

My.

God.

You slept with Tony Stark, something you would have never done sober. Not with the billionaire, playboy, genius, who was always trying to bed you no matter how many times you'd shot him down.

Getting up from the comfortable bed that had claimed you its victim for the past eight hours, you made your way over to the window which all but confirmed your suspicions. This was Stark tower.

Damn you Stark—but your inner monologue was cut off by a screaming pain in your head. You fell to the floor with no other choice but to release Tony from the suspended animation you had been holding.

He stirred in his sleep but overall he looked peaceful. Not the walking ball of anxiety you had come to know, but just a peaceful man dreaming of his technology and playboy bunnies.

"Y/n?" He groaned from his sleep and rubbed his eyes.

You froze in place, only halfway done putting your shirt on. "Yes, Tony?"

"Are you leaving?" Surely this wasn't Tony Stark, because the real Tony Stark would gladly have his men kick you out all with a smirk on his face.

"Well—I," you couldn't come up with a good excuse other than that it was a one night stand and that's what happens during these types of things. You didn't dare say it in fear of hurting his feelings and instead settled for a simple response. "Yeah."

The look on his face was so unlike himself, and when he spoke all the bravado from his voice was gone. "Please stay."

The overwhelming feeling of guilt that overtook you made you stop getting dressed altogether and re-evaluate the man you thought you knew.

This was Tony Stark, a billionaire, a friend of Hugh Hefner's, and he, Tony Stark, was asking you to stay with him.

Everyone is lonely in the earliest parts of the morning and latest parts of the night, so surely that was what it was. Loneliness. Lack of attention. All things men like him assumed they would die from.

"You're lonely?" You raised an eyebrow in response to his plea.

"No, it's not like that. I mean, I am, but—," you cut him off with a snort.

"Men like you are always lonely, Tony, you only want me here for round two." You started the process of getting dressed all over again.

"Goodbye to you too then," he grumbled but you could hear a hint of something else, something sadder, that overtook his voice.

Memories came back slowly, memories of words exchanged between the two of you in a drunken midnight dream where only the two of you had existed. Words that would have been better left unsaid.

"I trust you. That feels weird saying it about a S.H.I.E.L.D minion like yourself, but I do."

He trusted you. You couldn't leave him, not now, at his weakest.

Pulling off your shirt for what was probably the third time this morning, you slipped into bed next to him. "Only for a few more hours, okay?"

He didn't answer but instead took you into his arms all over again, kissing your temple.