Steve Rogers: Broken Bones

July 2018

Title: Broken Bones

Character: Steve Rogers

Spoilers: none, just some Steve for ya

Warning: broken bones, somehow angsty and fluffy all in one
_______________________________________

When the great Captain America broke his arm, you felt terrible. After all, it was you that cut the faulty wire on a mission and almost blew the both of you up. If it wasn't for Steve—the hero he was—putting out his shield and protecting you from the blast, you'd have been toast.

Of course his speedy healing would kick in and it would be healed in a day or two, but you still felt awful. Steve, on the other hand, didn't care for it. He was just glad you were safe.

"Are you sure I can't get you anything, Steve? Some orange juice? Food?" You called from his doorway.

He looked up from the book he was reading and gave you a slight chuckle. "It's okay, y/n. I can get it on my own, but it's late and you should rest up, maybe prop up that leg and take it easy."

"I'm hardly hurt, Steve." You shook your head but left him alone nevertheless.

When the elevator dinged for you to get off, you almost ran full force into Natasha, who was carrying a glass of orange juice and some sort of pills.

"Is that for Steve?" You asked, slightly bitter.

"Yeah, he texted me a few minutes ago to see if I could get it for him." She shrugged and stepped into the elevator when you stepped out.

"Wow, he must really be upset about the explosion," you shook your head.

"Oh, y/n. It's not that. I know Steve and he wouldn't be mad for a mistake like this, he's probably just worried about you, afterall, he wasn't the only one who got hurt in the explosion," she gestured to your leg for reference.

"It's hardly a scratch," you laughed before saying your goodbyes and going off to bed.

When you opened your eyes, the grog you felt was strong enough to force them back shut. Five more minutes, you groaned internally.

After drifting in and out of sleep for a few hours, you finally snapped your eyes open and groped the nightstand for your phone.

9:56pm, the screen read and you muffled a shriek.

You'd been sleeping for almost a day!

With a groan, you sat up and rolled out of your bed though your muscles ache in response.

"Y/n!" A deep voice called, snapping you out of your struggles.

"I'm alive, Steve," you joked as the looming super soldier stepped into your room.

"That's great, it's only been 23 hours," he chuckled, "how are you feeling?"

"How am I feeling? I should be asking you that, Steve!" You retorted but upon looking at his broken arm you noticed that it's out of the cast and leaning up against your doorway.

"A lot better, actually. I regenerated really quick. But, I'm serious, how are you doing?"

"My leg feels kinda swollen but other than that, I'm fine," you tried for a genuine smile, which wasn't hard with Steve around.

"Well that's good. I just wanted to check up on you, if you need me, text me. I don't want you straining yourself" he turned on his heels and he left.