...

Keith was contemplating why the hell he'd agreed to do this. He was running on minimal sleep as he sat at the foot of his bed.

Still, anything was better than galavanting and being treated like property. And as he thought about it more, Keith knew that Lance wouldn't do that to him. Right? He wouldn't pin him to the bed and-no need to go through the steps.

It wasn't like Keith and Lance hadn't had sex before. Obviously. But showing off and doing stuff for the camera was way different than being open and vulnerable with someone. Adding emotions completely changed the recipe. And Keith, being the flustered guy he was, was anticipating making a move on Lance sometime that night.

He'd have to do it eventually, right? Just dive right into the deep end and hope for the best? Keith didn't want to sit on the sidelines forever. Even though it had taken him a month to leave the house after what Lotor did, he wanted to give this one more chance. One more.

It was about six at night and apparently Lance was going to text when he was close.

Keith made sure everything was perfect, and he wanted to send the message that he did want something from Lance. No, that wasn't the only reason he'd called Lance over. Not at all. But if he was having him over, and Keith genuinely wanted to try something... this was his opportunity.

He'd pulled up Netflix on the very large TV in his bedroom. Yup. His bedroom. Keith's ideal date was cuddling under the covers, pizza, a horror movie, and possibly the iconic 'chill' part toward the end.

Lance 6:06 PM- I'm here. Wanna let me in?

Keith got the message, and he looked at himself in the mirror very quickly. He may have been trying to get laid, but he wanted to stay cozy. And that's why he was wearing sweatpants, as well as a long sleeved shirt made from soft, cotton-like fabric.

Something told him, however, that Lance was about to be extra as hell.

He opened the door, seeing Lance with a bouquet of red roses. There was one in his mouth as he dashingly winked at him.

" Why am I not surprised?" Keith deadpanned, though he was inwardly impressed.

" For you..." Lance said, handing the smaller boy a rose. He felt a little overdressed, though he was wearing casual clothes. He'd found a pair of acid washed jeans, as well as a blue hoodie that was actually really comfortable.

" Thanks..." Keith blushed, accepting it and stepping back to allow Lance in.

Lance looked down at him, sensing the slight bit of skittishness Keith had. He'd pieced it together slowly, and knew that this was sensitive. As much as Lance wanted to just be Keith's boyfriend, he realized that someone had really hurt him before. Lotor could go choke on a chode as far as he was concerned.

" Pajamas, huh? I didn't get the memo." Lance teased.

" I don't dress up when I don't have to leave my house." Keith shrugged, shutting the door.

" You still look hot." Lance bit his lip, feeling his eyes wandering south to stare at Keith's ass for a second.

Keith was really shy as he took the rest of the flowers from Lance.

" I-um... I should put these in some water." He said, walking back into his house. And Lance, who wasn't familiar with the rules of Keith's house, decided he should slip off his shoes. He wasn't about to dirty up the obviously expensive hardwood.

" What do you want to do tonight?" Lance asked, somehow having found Keith. His house was rather easy to navigate, and finding the kitchen hadn't been rocket science. " This is a date..."