our get along cuffs - b. urie

"sarah, don't make me do this," y/n pleaded to her best friend, "he's rude, he's arrogant, he's a prick!" she continued, sarah putting a finger on her lips with an apologetic smile.

"listen, it's one night, all you have to do is eat dinner next to him," she insisted, pausing for a brief moment,

"plus, y/n, the food here is so good, you won't even realize he's there."

sarah pulled y/n out of the ladies bathroom, y/n trying to fix her hair. she was lead to the table full of people. sarah sat down next to y/n, who was next to brendon, who was next to pete, who was next to joe and so on.

"what took you guys so long?" patrick asked, raising an eyebrow. y/n didn't reply, and instead began going through the menu. sarah shrugged.

"we wanted to make sure we looked pretty, y'know?"

brendon chuckled and let his eyes flicker to his own menu.

"have we all figured out what we want?" he asked, rubbing his hands together.

everyone murmured different variations of 'yes' and brendon waved over the waitress, who had clearly been checking him out. the entire group noticed this, and pete even acknowledged it as a joke.

"i'll have the pasta, please," y/n said, rubbing the back of her neck awkardly. brendon rolled his eyes, y/n always got pasta, how boring. after everyone got their food, they ate while exchanging bad jokes and having fun conversation.

after three hours of eating and talk with friends it was time to part ways. patrick, pete, joe and andy piled into a car and headed home. that left y/n, sarah and brendon.

"y'know, you could be a little less boring," brendon remarked, nudging y/n's shoulder. she turned to him and glared daggers, biting her tongue to avoid lashing out at brendon. sarah clearly took notice and started rummaging through her car's trunk.

eventually, y/n just had to make a few remarks back.

"y'know, brendon, just because you act like a dick doesn't meam yours will get bigger," she snapped, pointing a finger at him accusingly.

"is that so?" he asked, leaning down to her height just to act superior. they both held their violent glare, but they both froze upon hearing a strange metal noise.

brendon tried pulling away from y/n, but thanks to sarah, the two of them had been handcuffed.

"sarah- what did you do?" she asked, studying the handcuffs with a concerned expression.

"guys, everyone is sick of your arguments. so until you get along, i'm handcuffing you together."

y/n immeadiately tried her luck with getting them off. no use. sarah smiled and held up the keys. worry spread across y/n's face.

"if you lose those keys i'll kill you."

sarah headed towards the car, smiling to herself. brendon headed towards the car, y/n stumbling behind.

"watch it, urie," she hissed, catching up to him quickly.

he didn't reply and opened the door, pulling her into the car with a glare. "you can stay over at my place." he muttered. she just hummed in agreement.

the ride to brendon's was silent, no one wanted to speak up and say anything. once sarah finally pulled into his driveway, y/n and brendon tried to get of the car from two different sides, causing them both to grunt and stumble backwards.

he tugged on the chain, making her follow him. in return, y/n smacked his shoulder. sarah got out of the car herself, hugging the two of them before getting back into the car.

brendon struggled a little while getting his keys from his pocket, leaving y/n to laugh at him.

he lead her inside and looked at the time. it was only 9pm, so there was plenty of time to get to know eachother, perhaps.

"i wanna take a nap," y/n whined, trailing behind brendon lazily.

"too bad. you heard sarah. until we can get along, we're stuck like this. so lets get along so we can be free by tomorrow," he insisted, dragging her over to the couch.

"fine. got any ideas? because i'm convinced i hate you too much to magically get along with you in less than 24 hours," her statement made him chuckle, so his brain went to work, trying to figure out what to do.

"if you hate me so much, why don't we just pretend?" brendon suggested, continuing his train of thought "better yet, let's pretend we're dating so she lets us go instantly."

y/n's eyes widened, about to object. before she did, she thought of the possibility that it would work. she agreed that it might. sarah was gullible, but she certainly wasn't stupid

"alright. i'm in."