Stiles felt his heart break as he watched Brooke go outside and quietly walk over to Derek's body. Scott looked at him empathetically.

"Look, man, we have to hide, okay? Brooke can take care of herself," Scott said urgently. Stiles gave a small shake of his head and the two ventured into the hallways of the night school.

Outside, Brooke was leaning over Derek's body, trying her hardest not to cry. She focused her hearing and faintly heard his heartbeat. He was still alive—for now, at least. She gently placed her hands over the wounds on Derek's stomach, freezing when he involuntarily let out a wince.

Focusing, she imagined a black fog leaving Derek's body and slowly moving to her own. She felt the wounds tear open the skin on her stomach and back, wincing and biting down on her lips to keep from making a sound.

Suddenly, Derek let out a loud gasp and his eyes opened. The wounds on his stomach were still very present, but Brooke still smiled at Derek's being conscious. Derek's eyes widened, and Brooke turned to see the Alpha crawling along the perimeter of the school.

"Hide," Derek managed to utter. He fell back against the ground.

While Brooke didn't want to leave Derek, she knew she had to go back into the school. She wouldn't be able to heal Derek any further no matter how hard she tried, and the puncture wounds she now sported would take a while to heal, leaving her vulnerable to an attack.

"Get out of here," Brooke said to Derek. He nodded weakly, and she turned and ran into the school. The hallways were empty and the sound of Brooke's boots hitting the hard floor echoed throughout the building.

Yelling came from the side of the school closest to the field. Brooke instantly turned to the sound, and began running as well as she could with four puncture wounds in her stomach. When she turned the hallway, she saw Scott and Stiles being shoved into the hallway by a janitor.

"Just one second to explain!" Stiles tried to reason.

"Shut up and go," the janitor scoffed. Before Scott or Stiles could argue, the janitor was pulled back into the room. The door to the locker room slammed shut and the janitor was flung against it, his bloody outline visible through the translucent glass.

"We have to go!" Brooke yelled to the boys. Scott tried to open the door to help the janitor, and Stiles almost passed out in relief at the sight of Brooke down the hall. He grabbed Scott and pushed him towards her.

"You're still alive!" Stiles said to Brooke as they caught up to her. His hands flew to her shoulders as he studied her in disbelief.

"I promised, didn't I?" Brooke asked, a small smirk on her face. Stiles smiled back at her but was quickly brought back to the current situation when the janitor went flying through the locker room door.

"Let's continue this reunion later!" Scott said hurriedly. The other two nodded their heads and followed him as he ran down the hallway. Once they had reached the end, the boys shoved the double doors only to be thrown back.

"What the hell?" Brooke asked, shoving past the boys to try and push the door open.

Scott opened it slightly and peaked his head out. "It's a dumpster."

"He put it in front of the door to lock us in!" Stiles said. He shoved against the door again. "Come on, help me!"

"Stiles stop!" Brooke said. She grabbed him by the back of his jacket and pulled him down the hallway. The three teens walked down it urgently, minds swirling with possible ways to escape.

"I'm not dying here," Stiles shook his head, panic evident in his voice. "I'm not dying at school!"

"Hey, no one is going to die," Brooke said, placing a hand on his shoulder. She shook her head and looked back at the blocked doors.