You narrowed your eyes.

"Shut up!" You hissed, "How many times do I have to tell you I don't care about him! I don't even know him! Hopefully by now he's found a new wife. I think that he has to be honest. Maybe I'm free of this and don't even know it; and when we return I'll be an unengaged woman who is free to love whomever... And hopefully my fathers company miraculously has money."

Your shoulders slouched lower as you realized you were thinking unrealistically. Yoongi watched you, noticing that he had actually felt his heart move upon your speculation.

He shook his head, drawing your eyes.

"It doesn't matter. Right now we're here, so we need to focus on the now."

You nodded in agreement, smiling his way before inching closer to the pale man. He looked at you oddly as you got a bit too close to where it was getting uncomfortable.

"What are you doing?" he questioned, arching an eyebrow and stiffening when you pressed against him.

"Spending time with Yoongi," You informed him pointedly, grinning before leaning your head on his shoulder.

"Cut it out. You know I don't like it."

"Cut it out," You mimicked in a rendition of his deeper voice while rolling your eyes, "Fine, whatever Yoongi."

Of course you were slightly embarrassed, but the action had been only to tease him anyway so you quickly recovered while pouting and crossing your arms; pulling away from him like he asked. You looked over to see that he was staring at you; you catching him in the moment as a second of awkward silence settled over the two of you before he quickly looked away.

Yoongi didn't tend to get caught when he stared at you, so this was new and he found an uncontrollable heat rise to his face as you most certainly saw him peering your way.

"Yoongi? Can I ask a question that might maybe be personal... maybe?" You suddenly questioned, pulling his embarrassed form right back to you. He groaned and held his face in his hands in exasperation.

"How personal?" He muttered through his hands. You blew a strand of hair out of your face before biting your lower lip slightly.

"Umm... How about this. I ask you a question and you get to ask me one? To make it fair. We're friends right? It's a friend pact."

Yoongi hesitated. Were you friends? After five months of each other, it was to be expected... but he had never heard you say it out loud, so, for the first time he actually realized it was true. But the fact that his hormones and heart had had other plans even just a few months on the island, a lot was unclear from his perspective.

Friends.

You talked a lot. Laughed together sometimes. When he really thought about it, you were the only person he had even told about his dad... or his life in general.

You had somehow done it, and so subtly that Yoongi hadn't even noticed when. The two of you were friends.

"Alright," He agreed, voice weak and gravely as he wondered just how you had actually managed to weed your way into his heart. Your face immediately brightened.

"OK... here it goes..." You breathed in deeply, "Why don't you like being touched? Did something happen or... are you like, a germophobe?"

Not what he expected you to ask. He was stunned slightly before he smiled and shook his head; long bangs moving with the motion.

"You know (Y/N), some people don't have to have reasons behind certain things. It's just the way they are. I'm just... I don't know. It makes me uncomfortable."