18

"And this is your room." Megan opened the door onto a sparsely furnished room.

So literally what I'm used to then.

"Thanks M'gann."

Seriously, I haven't been here for a day yet they trusted me with their identities... except Rob.

Which is understandable because nobody knows his identity.

But come on. Why would you tell me of all- It's cause of Artemis isn't it?

"It's not an issue. It'll be nice having another girl. Don't get me wrong I love Artemis but she can be a bit-"

"Sneaky, violent, totally insensitive to others feelings?" I rattled off with a smile on my face.

"Yes."

"Eh. Don't worry about me being like that. We grew up together but my parents are a lot more fun."

"But doesn't the Joker hurt you?"

Great. She's confused.

"Nah. He's literally said I'm keeping him kinda sane. Don't know how but I mean maybe having to protect me or something? It's just... confusing." I shook my head.

If you go just by what the news says, Dad is awfully out of character.

But if you go by my home life...

"Didn't he once cause the deaths of a bunch of babies by killing their caretaker though?"

I shrugged. "Before I was born. Plus...the lady wasn't exactly taking the greatest care of them...like at all. I mean he may be psycho but you have to remember that every villain is a hero in their own mind."

"Oh that reminds me. We'll have to bring you into the mind link."

Now it's my turn to be confused. "Mind...link?"

"Basically Miss Martian here uses her powers to create a communication line between our minds, so we can talk without talking."

"Robin! I wish you wouldn't do that."

"You don't see Jester complaining." He did a random gymnastics move and jumped up on my shoulders.

"That's cause I've had to deal with you for four years." I patted his leg.

"So you do know each other."

"No I totally just jumped on a person who-"

"How else do you think he's not dead yet?" I rolled my eyes. Which is pointless because you know, sunglasses.

I just realized... I'm probably gonna have to come clean to Kaldur sooner or later.

Hopefully later rather than sooner though. Cause yep. Just being like, yeah I came up with a lie and you for some idiotic reason believed it. Good job.

"So...what are we gonna do now? We don't have from what I'm able to tell. And Canary has a mission of her own..."

"You hacked the BatCave didn't you?"

"Maybe."

"When the heroes hack into hero stuff the heroes have no issues. And why is it when we hack stuff it's bad. But you guys hack into our computers it's good."

"To be fair Connor was created as a weapon and we only found about him cause I hacked Cadmus."

"True... But you hacked my school's records just to figure out my name. Not cool dude."

"We both know that was a fake name. Who names their kid that?!"

Ah the perks of having a boy name...that is also the name of a demigod.

Nobody ever believes it's my name.

"Come on Bird Boy. Let's go back out to the kitchen. I want to make some cookies."

"What's with you and cookies? I mean you've given me like six dozen."

"I like making cookies. It's my mom's recipe and they are the best thing I've ever tasted. Although I wonder if the stuff at the dam snack bar was any good."

"I still don't understand."

"You're not supposed to." I started walking back towards the living room/kitchen.

Rob just sighed and patted my head. "You're an odd one Jest."

"Thanks." I smiled. And then when I reached the couch... guess what I did with Rob?

If you guessed dumped him on it, then you are correct.

"M'gann, have you seen my jacket?" Kaldur walked in and upon seeing me, he tried to pull up his shirt collar to hide his gills.

"Relax. I've seen your gills before."

"It's in the washing machine...Wally spilled coffee on it."

"Who let him drink coffee?!" Rob shot up.

"He said something about an experiment. And then he tripped and spilled it on the jacket."

Kaldur sighed. "That is fine. Thank you M'gann."

Despite their riveting  conversation, I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"You tired Jest?"

"Yeah. I didn't get much sleep last night."

Rob tilted his head before figuring it out. He placed a hand on my arm and...

Pushed me over.

"Take a nap. There's no way that-"

"Quinn!"

Oh joy.

I looked up at Artemis and sighed. "Whatever you think I did...I probably didn't do it. Unless it's breaking into your place to grab a late night snack."

"Why didn't you tell me you- Wait what?!"

I chuckled. "Yeah. Your mom was up. She gave me a spare key... mainly so I stop picking the lock."

She plopped down beside me and threw an arm around my shoulders. "So, why didn't you tell me you were moving in here?"

"You were gonna find out so why waste breath." I rolled my eyes and moved my legs so they were over her lap.

She took her other arm and tried to grab my other arm, but I quickly grabbed her wrist and did some crazy stuff that ended up with her in a choke hold.

"You still can't beat me." I mumbled in her ear before releasing her.

"What was that?"

"Basically instead of tag we did that. And I have been undefeated for the past four years."

"It's kinda annoying."

"What's annoying is that you try to beat me every chance you get. That time when we were watching a movie?"

"That wasn't my fault."

"You tried to flip me onto the coffee table!"

"You threw me into the wall!"

"Would you rather I had thrown you through the window?!"

I honestly have no idea where this went

Cause I finished this after my match. And two hours roughly spent in the hot sun.

I won though. Third set.

And...

I'm just gonna go...

See yah