The Perfect Name

A FEW DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE THEY HAD GOTTEN BACK FROM FRANCE, Valentina, Vegas and Havana had resumed life as usual with the added task of caring for the baby.

Havana had just finished operating on an infant and was headed to the baby's room, when she got there she found Rebekah asleep in a recliner, sitting up. Valentina was also there, sitting in a chair scrolling through her phone.

"She still hasn't left?"

In the three days they've been there, Rebekah hadn't left the hospital not ounce, "No. I tried getting her to go home, so she could at least have a shower but she refuses."

Havana went over to the baby's incubator and pulled out her stethoscope to check the infant's heart, "She needs to go out and at least get some sun."

"Do we even need sun as vampires?" Valentina asked.

Havana shrugged, "No, but it won't hurt."

Vegas walked in with four cups of coffee with a small backpack, "How's the baby doing?"

"Oh, she's fine," Havana said with a smile, "She still needs a little assistance breathing and keeping her temperature, but other than that everything else seems normal."

Vegas went over to Rebekah and gently shook her awake, "Hey, wake up."

The blonde startled, "What's wrong? Is she okay?"

Havana nodded, "She's fine. Would you like to hold her?"

Rebekah nodded hesitantly, "I'd like that a lot."

Havana opened the incubator and delicately picked up the fragile infant, being careful not to pull on any wires. Then she gently placed the baby on Rebekah's chest.

The blonde stared down at her, astonished by the sight of her, "I still can't fathom how tiny she is." She stroked the baby's back.

      "Well, she was born 19 weeks early." Havana said, then looked over to her cousin, "How are the rest of my patients?"

    "Most of them are stable, baby is 1263 had a seizure but I gave him medicine. He's fine now." Vegas replied, she looked over at the baby's incubator and noticed there was still no name on it, "Rebekah," the blonde hummed in response, so Vegas continued, "She needs a name, we can't keep calling her baby for the rest of her life."

    "I agree." Valentina said.

Rebekah hummed once more, "What about Miracle?"

Havana forced a smile, having to hold back on what she actually wanted to say, "It's... a name, a nice one."

Vegas followed her cousins lead, "Sounds–"

Valentina decided to go a different route, the truth, "Awful. Don't lie to her. It's a horrible name."

       "She's right," Vegas stated, "I'm not letting my niece be named that."

Rebekah frowned, she really thought it was a nice name, "It's not so bad. She is a literal miracle. Why shouldn't she be named it?"

    "Yeah and she survived being born at 21 weeks. Are you gonna name her Survivor?" Vegas jokingly asked.