Go Home

HAVANA AND VEGAS WERE LOUNGING IN THE ZYANYA'S ROOM, quizzing her for Vegas' upcoming exams she had.

Havana groaned and let her head fall back against a chair, "I don't get why you need to study so religiously."

"I need to study for the intern exams. They're like in three weeks." Vegas told.

Havana looked up at her, that was extremely early in the year, "Aren't they taken in June? Why so early?"

Vegas shook her head, "They moved them to March. Now, quiz me."

Pulling a random card out from the pile, she cleared her throat before reading, "I'm a 55-year-old man, I'm nauseous, and I'm throwing up."

"Any abdominal pain?" Vegas asked.

She nodded, "Yes, from my belly all the way to my back."

"Pancreatitis." Vegas blurted.

Havana nodded, "Yes."

"What the intern exam?" Rebekah wondered.

She was sat in the corner, swaying back and forth in a rocking chair with Zyanya resting on her chest.

   "It's a multiple choice test that determines if I become a second year resident. If I fail I have to do my intern year all over again," Vegas explained, "Which would suck."

   "I could compel them to let you pass." Rebekah offered.

Vegas perked up in her seat, "Would you?"

Havana looked up from the cards, "Absolutely not, you can't take shortcuts when you want to cut into people for a career," she protested, "Especially, not since I couldn't get a vampire to do that for me."

   "It's not my fault you were such a goody toe shoes to use your resources or make vamp friends." Vegas said.

Havana rolled her eyes, ignoring her cousin, "I'm a 16-year-old female. I have a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, swollen tonsils, headache, and nausea." She read aloud.

"That's easy, its mono." Vegas said.

"Correct."

A beep rang through the room, Vegas looked down at her phone, "What the hell, I thought I was already done with my shift. Why am I being paged?" Groaning, she frustratedly got up from her seat.

"Well, you're an intern, the hospital owns you." Havana teased, throwing the pillow back at her. She peered down at her watch and saw it was one in the morning, "Rebekah, it's late. You should go home and rest."

Rebekah stared down at the infant and stroked her head, "It's lonely and I love spending time here. With her."

  "You have to take care of yourself too." She stood up from her chair before leaving the room.

Three hours and after two appendicitis later, Havana let out a tired sigh as she opened the hospital room door.

Vegas was gently lifting the tiny baby off the blonde, taking extra care with all the wires as she transferred Zyanya to the incubator.

Havana entered, quietly closing the door behind her, wanting to make as little noise as possible so the blonde could sleep.

"How long has she been asleep?" Havana questioned, motioning over to the blonde.

Vegas closed the door to the incubator and turned around, "I got here nineish minutes ago," she looked down at her watch, "So like five minutes."

"I've told her to go home."

"Would you want to be away from your medically fragile kid?" Vegas asked.

Havana guessed she saw the point, "Maybe, but I'd also be here working."

    "Has your mom told the elders?"

Havana shook her head, "Nope. That hasn't stopped them from flooding my phone with calls. Priscilla won't stop leaving me voicemails."

Vegas scoffed, of course she did. Priscilla was such a stuck up and a kiss ass. Always followed every command the elders said, Hopi g she one day would become the leader.

Except one.

   "You know she has a vampire boyfriend... more like a hook up but she's still fraternizing with vampires. I think some of the elders even know but you don't see her shunned."

Havana whipped her head to look at Vegas so fast it almost gave her whiplash, "What?" It wasn't that she didn't believe her cousin, Priscilla was such a rule follower she couldn't believe it, "Since when?"

Vegas shrugged, "Not sure but saw a black truck dropping her off last week." Her phone buzzed, "Ugh, I'm not even on call." She stormed and stomped out.

Havana was utterly shocked, she did peg Priscilla as a rule breaker.

    "Damn."

NOTE

It's short, apologizes is obvi a filler