Water is the Source of All Life

AS MORE PEOPLE FILTERED IN, Rebekah held her daughter closer, using Zyanya's presence as a coping mechanism. She felt like the outsider she obviously was and like she was imposing on a sacred ritual. She was so anxious that her palms were getting sweaty.

She was getting starting to second guess this whole thing, especially coming. Was it an important life moment in her daughter's life, yes. But being in a room with filled with witches from the most powerful coven to ever exit who most likely then not hated vampires. Which didn't bode well for her, she was after all an original vampire.

She wasn't entirely sure what that would mean for her daughter.

But she was the granddaughter of the coven leader, so Rebekah wasn't too worried about it.

Rebekah should have let Andrea and Havana bring Zyanya here themselves, she trusted them enough to protect her daughter even though she had only known them a couple of weeks.

The chattering came to a complete stop when the church door opened again, Rebekah turned around and in walked Andrea with who she assumed were the six elders.

Havana reached out and grabbed hold of Rebekah's arm, the blonde was starting to worry he. She wasn't breathing, and Havana wasn't sure if vampires needed oxygen anymore but Rebekah wasn't breathing at all, "It's okay Rebekah." the blonde nodded absentmindedly, but still was not breathing, "I don't know if vampires actually need to breathe anymore but you're literally not breathing."

Rebekah said a simple "oh" before taking a few breathes.

Valentina and Vegas scurried right past her and over to the second row of pews, they had the same look she got when Nik threatened her with a dagger.

The elders walked up to the front of the aisle before taking their seats in the first pew. Andrea continued up to the altar.

"Axkan timh kuali ualakan se yankuitlakatl tlatikpa tosenyelis." Andrea spoke in her native tongue then waved over Rebekah, motioning for her to hand over the baby. She did so, then Andrea held up Zyanya showing her off to the entire coven.

Rebekah felt like she was watching some cult movie, where they do the small more palatable rituals before they shoved someone off a cliff or something. The thought made her nauseous, she really did need to stop watching those films, especially before ritualistic witch business.

Andrea then handed Zyanya over to Havana and began a chant as she stirred her hand around in the water. Havana stripped the baby down to her diaper before handing the white dress to Rebekah. Soon, the elders joined in on the chant which seemed a little suspicious to her but she completely had no idea what was being said, and that meant she had no clue if she should be worried or not.

The chanting soon stopped, Andrea waved Havana over to the altar. She walked over to the altar, and slowly settled the baby down into the vessel. To Rebekah's(and everyone else's) surprise, Zyanya didn't cry like she expected. She anticipated a loud shrill to fill the church, but her daughter merely let out a loud whine.

Rebekah curiously watched Andrea dip her hand in water, wetting her hand. She pulled her hand out and hovered it over Zyanya's mouth, letting a few drops fall onto the baby's mouth.

Rebekah had so many questions right now but figured it'd be best to wait.

With her still wet hand, Andrea ran her hand across her granddaughter's chest, then she casted a few drops of water on her head before  quickly washing the rest of the baby's body. Andrea then pulled Zyanya out of the water, ready for Havana to take the baby and dry her off.

Havana bent down and grabbed a towel from beneath the altar, held it with both her hands ready to be handed the baby. Once her mom gave her the baby, she wrapped the infant up then walked over to Rebekah before handing her the baby.