BONUS CHAPTER I

.=.=.=.=

Meeting Finnick

Meeting Finnick

.=.=.=.=

The entire District was in an upbeat mood, the new victor from the latest games making his rounds on Victory Tour. Venus had no clue as to who this boy was, but she did know he was the youngest to win the games ever. And that intrigued her. She stood with her family, her mother and father along with her four siblings, by the train tracks waiting for the train to arrive.

'Do you think he's cute?' Alexis, the youngest female Hereford, asked.

'Oh, come on, Lex,' Trixie, the eldest girl, rolled her eyes.

'I'm being serious.'

'You guys are gross,' Venus huffed.

'Just because you haven't found a guy.'

'You're ten years old, you shouldn't have found a guy.'

'What would you know anyway, Lex?' Kaleb, their big brother, retorted.

'Enough,' Bailee Hereford stated firmly.

'Well, I hear he's very handsome,' Hades Hereford chuckled.

'Hades.'

'I'm just saying.'

The kids laughed as they smiled at their parents, their attention quickly moving away when cheering sounded suddenly. The train had pulled into the station, the large crowd pushing forward as a small group of people stepped out onto the station. Venus couldn't see a thing as she was surrounded, gripping Tommy's small hand tightly to not loose him, her other hand gripping her mother's.

She was jostled around as people moved either side of her, her eyes wide as she propped herself up onto her toes to try and catch a glimpse of the Victor. But she merely caught a flicker of his curly blonde hair before she fell to the ground. The girl huffed as she pushed herself up, seven year old Tommy attempting to help as he tugged on her hand. She chuckled as she kissed his head, raising him up onto her shoulders.

'I can see, Ve, I can see the victor,' The little boy called.

The crowd followed the Victor as he stepped off the platform, being lead to the grand party that the District had planned for him. Though, it wasn't as grand as something that would be seen in District One or Two, but to them it was spectacular. Venus followed after her family, jogging to keep up to them after she put Tommy down as they moved so quickly. She smiled when a idea came into her mind, her fingers coming to sit between her lips as she whistled loudly.

Within seconds, her young horse, Jackson, came bolting through the streets; sending people scattering out of the way. The girl waved her arms when he got near her, catching his attention before she launched herself onto his back; instantly giving herself a better view of the entire party. She stayed outside the area, not moving from her spot as she finally spotted the new Victor; her jaw dropping at just how young he was. What shocked her more was, that he looked about her age. His hair was a beautiful blonde which sat in ringlets, his ocean green eyes shone in the sunlight.