21

.=.=.=.=

' He loved her, of course, but better then that,  he chose chose her, day after day. Choice; that was the thing. '

.=.=.=.=

Venus fiddled with the lace that decorated her white dress, taking in the look of awe on Kael's work as he looked over his masterpiece. It was a floor length dress, with a lace halter neck; it was comfortably tight at the top before it met the thin silk belt before flowing loosely down to the floor. The back was a lace piece that ran down the belt, the sides of the bodice angling down until it met the belt at the back.

Angel had done her makeup and hair, in a natural yet elegant style. Her makeup was full of tans and light pinks, showing off her tan skin. Her hair flowing down her back in loose curls, the top being pulled back loosely; little white flower pins holding it out of her face. She looked in the mirror beside her, smiling brightly at the sight of herself. She had never felt so beautiful.

'My girl, you look gorgeous,' Kael complimented.

She blushed and lowered her head, 'Thank you.'

'Now, now. Hold that head high, and be confident. You look beautiful,' Angel smiled as she raised her head by the tips of her fingers.

'Indeed,' Nyx agreed as she entered the room; 'Are you ready? Everyone is waiting.'

Venus nodded with a long sigh, calming her nerves. Her smile only grew as she stepped out into the hall to find her little brother all dressed up on a grey suit of sorts, his hair trimmed and styled nicely. He smiled up at her from where he stood beside Prim, the blonde girl smiling at her softly.

'You look really pretty, Ve,' Tommy stated as he looked up at his sister.

'And you look extremely handsome, Tom,' She smiled as she cupped his face; 'You ready to do this?'

'Yes.'

Nyx, Angel and Kael nodded with soft smiles on their faces before they made their way to their seats, leaving her to be with the two children. Tommy loosely wrapped his arm around Venus', like Finnick had shown him how; making her smile at his effort. Everyone rose and turned to look up the aisle as Prim appeared from the shadows, the only bouquet in the whole wedding in her hands; full of wildflowers.

When the right moment came, and Prim was in her seat, the two Hereford children began to make their way down the aisle. Venus' eyes met Finnick's in an instant, and never left them the whole way down the aisle. She had never see him look for handsome then he did. White suit almost identical to Tommy's, both designed by Kael. As they reached the bottom of the steps, she turned to kiss Tommy's head; the young boy reached up to kiss her cheek.

Venus met Finnick's eyes again, placing her hand in his before he lead her up to the top of the stairs. She held both his hands in her own, her gaze never leaving his as the ceremony started. She was hardly listening to the words being said, completely lost in Finnick's eyes. He mouthed to her, telling her she looked beautiful, which made her blush. A smile lit up her lips, she had never felt so happy in her life; she was bursting at the seams. And when the time came, she finally began to speak aloud her vows.

'From this day forth, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer. I promise to love and cherish you each day. You are my rock, you are my best friend, you are the love of my life and I promise that will never change for as long as we both shall live. I, Venus Hereford, take you, Finnick Odair, as my husband from this day forth,' She smiled.

'I promise to look after you in your darkest moments and in your lightest, no matter what. I promise to look after your little brother, your light and joy, and treat him as though he were my own; loving him as much as you do. I promise to follow you wherever you go, to help you chase your dreams. I, Finnick Odair, take you, Venus Hereford, as my wife from this day forth. Together or apart, we will always be united. One life, one purpose, one destiny,' He stated before turning to the crowd; 'May I ask Tommy up here, please.'

The youngest Hereford stood from his seat, looking up at the pair on top of the stage, before he slowly made his way up the stairs. As he reached the top, Finnick knelt down in front of him; taking both of his hands in his own. Venus' eyes welled with tears at the sight, a smile on her face as the watched the interaction.

'Tommy Hereford, I promise to always care for and love your sister, just as I promise to always care for and love you. I will never let her down, and I promise I will look after you like the little brother I've always wanted. Now,' Finnick's eyes flickered up to Venus' mischievously; 'If you accept my terms, I would like to kiss my gorgeous bride.'

Tommy giggled, 'I do.'

The Hereford girl laughed at her brother's words, before wiping at her eyes as he launched himself forward to hug Finnick; running down the stairs quickly afterwards. The blonde stood, taking her hands in his once more before looking toward the pastor.

'You may kiss the bride,' The man stated.

Finnick smiled before leaning down to kiss her, her stomach erupting with butterflies. It was sweet kiss, his lips lingering on hers for a few seconds; but it was all that they needed. A simple kiss. Venus didn't need some fast paced, sloppy kiss for her to know he loved her because she already knew through his words, actions and the way he looked at her. The entire hall erupted in applause, everyone standing to congratulate them.

As their lips separated, they turned up in huge smiles before they turned to face the crowd hand in hand. The music started to play, and Finnick was quick to head down the steps; pulling her along with him. He didn't stop until they were in the middle of the hall, laughter leaving her lips as she recognised the tune. It was a song her District had played for Finnick on his Victory Tour, it was the song that had been playing when they had first met. She danced with him, the laughter never stopping. They both grabbed one of Tommy's hands as he came to dance with them, quickly widening their circle so he could.

People came to dance around them as others clapped to the beat, Venus catching Kael's eye; the man blowing her a kiss. She beamed at him, blowing one back before waving at Nyx, Angel, Arrow and Ace. She held her hand out for Tommy to take again, the younger boy grinning up at her as he continued to dance. The joy and excitement of the occasion was contagious, everyone on a high as they laughed and chatted as they danced and clapped along. The Hereford girl reached forward to hug Finnick, wrapping an arm around his neck as she placed her other hand on Tommy's back; slowing them to a halt.

'I love you, Finnick,' She muttered into Finnick's shoulder.

'I love you, too, Mrs Odair,' He replied.

She chuckled before leaning down to place a kiss to Tommy's forehead as he looked up at her, sliding her hand down from Finnick's neck.

'Why don't you go ask Prim to dance?' She winked.

'But... What if she doesn't want to?' Tommy replied nervously.

'I'm sure she would love to, I've got to go show Finnick his surprise. Be confident and smile, as Nyx would say.'

'Ok. I'll do it.'

He nodded confidently before turning and walking towards Prim, standing tall the entire time.

'You have a surprise for me?' FInnick snatched her gaze away from her little brother.

'Yes,' She confirmed.

'You didn't have to get me anything, being married to you is all I need.'

'Maybe. But, there's two people I know you would've loved to have been here.'

'Mags.'

'Yeh, and there's someone else.'

'Who?'

'Come with me and you'll find out.'

He looked at her confused for a second, 'We're going to ditch our own wedding?'

'Yes.'

'Good, because I was going to steal you later anyway.'

Venus laughed before dragging Finnick away from the dance floor and through the halls, hoping he would like what she had done for him.