Chapter- 4

If Bryn says "ya'll" please excuse it :) I'm southern and can't help when it intervenes with my writing. I'm working on it!
___________________________
"Can you at least say something?" Tucker asks, irritated by the fact that I haven't spoken a single word to him on this peachy car ride to school, that he was so generous enough to offer.

"What happened between you and Collin?"
"It's between me and Collin." He shoots back and I narrow my eyes at him.

"Fine, then I'll just ask him myself." I threaten and Tucker snorts.

"Good luck with that."

Awkward silence fills the car, yet again. Out of the corner of my eye, Tucker turns on the radio. Within seconds, country music is blaring and Tucker is humming along. I'm practically thinking about banging my head on the dash board if I have to keep listening to people sing about either beer, god, America, or some girl. I reach over and turn it off, getting a grunt from Tucker in return.

"Hey!" He exclaims, "Why'd you do that?!"

"I don't like it." I simply say and Tucker rolls his eyes, turning the radio back on and starts flipping through some stations.

"How's this?" He settles on one where it's playing nothing but pop songs that have been over played way too many times.

"No thanks."
"What about this one?"
"No not really.."
"How about this station?"
"Nope."
"This?!"
"No."

"For the love of god, are girls always this bitchy in the morning?!" Tucker mumbles.

By the look on his face after he realizes what he just said, I think he meant for that to be in his head. His eyes instantly widen, and he looks over to me and my sour expression.

"Well then." A tight smile forms on my face.

"I'm sorry Bryn, I didn't mean that I swear." Tucker rambles and I stop him.

"It's fine." I pause, "But you can't really blame me though right?"

Once Tucker doesn't respond, I press on.

"I mean, I guess I'm just taking it out on you because so far you've been a complete psycho path towards me."

"Maybe you shouldn't have broken my promise."

And with that, we pull up at the school. I'm quick to jump out as soon as he parks the car and Tucker's right on my heals. The fact that the "new, weird girl", just got out of a car with the most popular guy in school, turned some heads.

Okay, maybe not some. More like all. Tucker unexpectedly, grabs my hand and spins me around so I'm facing him. I can only imagine what's going through some people's minds at this...

"What?" I huff, uncomfortable by all the stares.

"Look, I really am sorry." Tucker says looking genuinely sincere.

"I don't want you to be mad at me."

"I'm not." I say softly and a smile creeps on Tucker's face.

It was a partial lie. Deep down inside, I'm pissed off at him. I'm mad at the fact that I've only known him for a few days, and he thinks he can tell me what to do. I'm angry that he won't tell me why he hates Collin so much. And I'm very much pissed off at the fact that all I had to do was look into his sweetheart face and baby blue eyes and then I say things I don't even mean!

"Tucker, Baby!!" An approaching voice calls out.

I turn my head to see a curly haired, strawberry blonde, running to us in bright blue wedges. It matched her dark blazer, floral dress and red belt.