Chapter 11 Mischiefs in the night

The ER isn't that much of a spectacular place like they make it out to be in shows like Grey's Anatomy and Night Shift. It's sort of quite and dull. Soon to not be as soon as my mother shows up but you get the idea.

So you're probably wondering, how the heck did you land in this great place? Well maybe you aren't but I'm just going to tell you anyways. Tucker, obviously is in the room next me for taking a fist to an ice swan's face, breaking his hand. And as for me, everything went black from there but apparently I slipped on that swan's head, causing me to fall and hit my own pretty hard. But I'm fine, just suffering from a mini concussion! Good news is, Tucker and I are completely sober now.

Hanging off the edge of my hospital bed, staring at my dangling feet, I could finally hear my mother's panicking voice arrive at the reception room.

"Where is she? I need to see my daughter!" She says urgently.

"Right this way ma'm." The doctor says following after.

I brace myself. Do I have time to hide from her? I'm not taking that chance.

As expected, the door opens and my mom rushes over to me and embraces me into a tight hug. The smell of cherry wine lingers off her clothing as I get a good smell of it in my face. She pulls back and holds me from an arms length.

"Are you okay? How's your head?" Her Bambi like eyes scan over my face frantically.

"I came back from the dead and I'm feeling great." I tell her sarcastically.

"She was out for a good hour but she's recovering tremendously. When she goes home tonight she'll just need to take medication and get plenty of sleep." The doctor smiles and leaves.

"Someone would like to talk to you." My mom says when he does. My ears perk up.

"Tucker's out?"

"No, not him. Your father." She grabs her phone from her purse, dials his number and shoves it in my face. I'm forced to take it in my hands.

"I'll be in the car waiting when you're done." Mom leaves me alone for once in my life.

The most annoying sound of ringing goes on until its last time and I'm just about to end it when he finally picks up. I take a deep breath hoping he didn't hear. I haven't talked to him in months. Well, I refused to. Until now.

"Hey pal is that you?" His wise, soothing voice makes my eyes watery. I couldn't even hear the sound of his voice without getting emotional. I missed him, but I was mad at him, but I loved him and I can't bring myself to forgive him for what he did. This is why I hated feeling vulnerable.

"Yeah I'm here... alive in case you cared." I couldn't help my tone and I didn't think it would come out that way but it did. He laughed a big hearty laugh.

"Of course I care Bryn!"

Cared enough to tear our family apart.

"Uh huh." Was all I could say. I start to look around at the hospital room, distracting myself. I noted that the oddly shaped plant seemed to be forced into the tight corner it was jammed into, in means to lighten up the cold room.

"It scared the shit out of me when your mother called saying you were in the hospital." Dad then says.

"I bet."

There was a stain on the top half of one of the curtains and I contemplated on how it got there. An air conditioner leak? Blood seeping from the room above, through the small crack in the ceiling and onto the dark blue curtain? I doubt the last one but it could be a possibility.