The Phoenix, Legends

Once me and Steve walked into the panel room, we were walking on the bridge and saw Winter standing between us and the panel.
I wanted to scream at him, shake him and knock sense into him. Bring the man the Steve talked about back, but I also wanted that man that protected me, killed those guards to make the cries stop, hold me when my nightmares were making me scream once more. And that was only for a year, and I've never felt more of a fatherly love.

"People are gonna die, Buck. I can't let that happen." Steve said, but Winter's features didn't change, he just stared at us, eyes filled with a deadly desire to kill us both.

"Please don't make us do this." He said, but then his face hardened. I licked my lips and held my gun. Steve threw his shield at him, he blocked it with his arm while I shoot at him. I hit his metal arm on purpose, I really didn't want to injure him, but if I have to, I'll do it. Maybe, not sure.

Steve caught his shield and hid us both behind it while Winter shot at us, he managed to hit Steve. I stood up and shoot at him, while he blocked, I jumped on Steve's shield  and over Winter, just as I typed the code into the panel, I heard the familiar SHING of metal. I turn around to find Winter with a knife, coming at me.

I put both hands on the bars near me and kick him, he grabs my legs and threw me at Steve. Who thankfully caught me. He pushed me up and threw his shield again. As Winter blocked it, I kicked it back at him, then grabbing my own knife, slid down, sliced at his knees, making him snarl at me like a wild animal.

I stood up and rushed to the panel again with the server blade at hand, but I fell face first when I felt a clamp around my ankle. I kicked at Winter but I couldn't get him to let go.

"Steve!" I shout and toss the server blade to him, he catches it and goes to the control panel, finishing the code. Winter jumped up as he let go of my ankle, he ran after Steve and just before he could finish the code, Winter knocked him and Steve off the rail.

"Shit!" I shout, I scramble up and look over the edge to find them both fighting over the server blade like kids trying to get the last piece of candy from Halloween.
I stand there and watch it play out. Steve stood on Winters back, holding his arm back.

"Drop it, I said drop it!" Steve shouted, but Winter didn't listen, so he broke his arm, making a painful yell echo out through the enclosed room. It made me shake a little, it reminded me of night in 'hell'. Whenever I'd hear his screams of pain erupt through the hallways. I crumbled, I scooted to the wall and pressed my back against it as those memories replayed over in my head, over and over again. I remembered exactly were I sat to the distance of the scream. I remembered everything.

"Aly!" Steve shouted, that made my brain jump start. I shoot up and I rush to the rail, Steve was climbing up.

BANG

Steve grunted in pain as a bullet hit his thigh. Winter was shooting at us.

Steve handed me the server blade and was shot at again. I wanted to help him, but we had no time, I rushed to the panel, but then another shot, and I scream out in pain. I was hit at my waist. I fall and clench hard onto it, to stop the bleeding.

I pushed myself up and stumble quickly to the panel. I hear clatter and see Steve had managed to pull himself up. But fell back down instantly when a bullet his him in the back. Not on the spine, but hitting a rib.

I jump to the panel, sticking the server blade in.

"Fire now Hill!" I shout before she could say anything.

"But-"

"Listen to her! Fire now." Steve replied, looking at me and knowing what I was doing. Hill went silent, but then sounds of fire fill the silence, and metal clinging and shattering glass fill the void.