xiii. beckham hampton

Start from the beginning

"Who would have known my downfall would be how dense I am?" she says to herself.

She could barely write nearly either, because her hand was marked..

"Miss Black. May I ask why you are talking to yourself?"

Quickly, her hand moves at the sound of McGonagall's voice to hide her parchment. However, a noise of displeasure left her lips when she pulled at her hand to quickly.

The woman's face held concern. "Is there something wrong with your hand Miss Black? Please tell me you, and Fred Weasley haven't been snow boarding again. I will give you both Detention this time-"

Aurora noticed how Professor McGonagall's eyes travelled down to her quill, and her eyes landed on the first line which read Sirius.

"Professor no," she says. "You don't you understand, he didn't...."

" Give him my love."

And with that the Professor walked away as if she had said nothing. She didn't even turn around and she walked up to the teacher table and sat down. She sat there speechless for a few seconds.

A further twenty minutes after this, not only had Volley joined her ( the incredibly clever owl seemed to know her hands were in pain as he reached down grabbing the letter ) but as was Hermione who was already starting to Astronomy Essay.

"We had Astronomy homework?" she asks.

Hermione gives her a sharp look. "Yes. The essay."

"Do we have Astronomy today?"

"No. Tomorrow."

"Never mind, then."

Hermione chose not to lecture her this morning thankfully, and instead dived into conversation about her doing a Muggle task called knitting, in which was all for the house elves. Aurora glances around the Great Hall and her eyes land on Luke who was in conversation with Edward and Sammy; she smiles softly.

"Not many people have signed the protest sheet, I send around the parchment but it seems as though it was blown up the first time, most likely by Parkinson" Hermione admits throwing a subtle glare behind her at the Slytherin table. "Would you mind trying to get people to sign it?There's more of a chance people will sign it if they know your in it."

Aurora held a hand over her heart. "Are you Hermione Jean Granger asking for my help?"

Hermione rolls her eyes. "Yes Aurora I am."

"Then of course. It'll be my pleasure."

Ron came walking in, sending them both an enthusiastic overly uncharacteristic grin. He sits down beside Aurora.

"Good morning." he greets cheerfully.

"Morning." Aurora greets back, and raises a skeptical eyebrow. "Somebody is a very chirpy carrot top this morning."

"Give over." he grumbles, but still remained happy.

"Where's Harry?" Aurora asked, glancing at him. "You two usually come down from the dormitory together?"