Chapter 4

I awaken from a night of vivid dreams due to the terrible beeping of my alarm clock. I look to my bed side table to check what time it is. The clock reads 7:00 am.

A little bit more sleeping in wouldn't hurt would it?

I reach over and lightly push down on the "sleep" button on my alarm clock.

I don't have enough time to start dreaming in my sleep, but I still do have a bit of time to get some extra rest, so I close my eyes and feel my body relax into slumber.

After what feels like two seconds since I tried to go back to sleep, the sound of the alarm repeatedly beeping wakes up making me frustrated as hell.

"Ugh," I sigh as I pull the warm blankets off my body, sending shivers down my arm because of the cool air.

My eyes move to the glowing red numbers on my alarm clock. 7:40 am it reads.

7:40 am? I'm going to be late for school!

School! I totally forgot about school! There's no way I can go. My ass is going to get kicked. Everyone will think I'm a loser. I have to figure out a way to not go.

I check my phone. I notice a text message that must have been sent while I was half asleep.

From Lexi:

Hey loser! Can't wait till you come to school today so me and everyone else can kick your ass! See you there! xoxo

I couldn't go. No way. If I told my mom about this, I could probably stay home another day at school, but I know for a fact she'd tell my teacher or principal who would get Lexi and her group into trouble, which of course would make me look like more of a loser for "tattle tailing."

I guess I would just have to come up with a different way to stay home from school.

I could skip I guess. But then my mom would know because the school would contact her. I can't fucking win.

I sigh deeply and decide to forget about it for now and put some clothes on.

I open my closet and pick out my Pierce The Veil shirt, and a pair of black jeans.

Did I mention Pierce The Veil was the greatest band out there? Because they are.

Vic Fuentes is my hero and my only goal in life is to go to warped and meet him one day.

Looking at the shirt makes me feel the need to listen to some of their music, so I grab my phone and shuffle their "Collide With The Sky" album.

The song "Hold on Till May" comes on.

This song is quite relevant in my life right now since I attempted at suicide in May. I swear I didn't "plan to do it" in May just so it would match the song, it just so happened that I tried in May.

I listen to the lyrics flow out of the speakers of my phone. Instrumental wise, I never thought Hold On Till May was that great, but lyric wise, it was probably the most beautiful song ever created.

I get to the part where Vic "sings" to Lindsey Stamos and she sings back.

If I were you, I'd put that away

See your just wasted and thinking bout' the past again

Darling you'll be okay

And she said

If you were me, you'd do the same

See I can't take anymore

I'll draw the shades and close the door